Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone else having a slow start to the year?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:54 AM
  • 12 Replies

Well, we began almost 2 weeks ago, and I thought we would be up to pace or at least close to it by now, but nope! LOL We are still trying to catch our footing...anyone else?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:08 AM
I'm worried about this when we start on the 30th! No help here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:08 PM

we arent slow i just dont start till middle of sept!

cedailey
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Sorry, this is my 3rd year, 2nd teaching two, so we just jumped in on day one with both feet.  What do you feel is slowing you down?

ashleyrae2013
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:58 PM

yes!! its so slow its taking forever to retain the info and everyhting!

she feels like shes not really getting it.

Mom71307
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I haven't even started yet so... yeah, I am slow! I think we will wait until after Labor Day to get going though.

sunshine80
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:29 PM
We are waiting until after Labor Day.

~ marisa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Earthy_Mom
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Yup... we've done one lessons in the last couple weeks... need to get my rear in gear, but I keep getting sidetracked this year it seems.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:43 PM

*sigh* It's me slowing us down. LOL I am having trouble focusing on getting lessons underway. I think I can blame pregnancy brain on some of it, right? 8) That and just trying to adjust the 2 year old to the idea that he can't have ALL of everyone's attention whenever he wants it now.

Quoting cedailey:

Sorry, this is my 3rd year, 2nd teaching two, so we just jumped in on day one with both feet.  What do you feel is slowing you down?

CafeMom Tickers

Danielle163
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:57 AM

We aren't starting until 8/29. I always feel that we should start before but we like having the summer off too much.-LOL When we first get back, I always expect the first month  to be the "settling in" period for DD. This is our second full year and I feel a lot more relaxed this time. My main concern is getting DD back into a few activities....she's been kind of isolated as there isn't much here. Academically we will get to where we need to be, slowly but surely. LOL

NicksMommy154
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:19 PM
Yes we are slow starting. People ask if we've started school and I tell them no, wer're not in a rush lol. We will be starting the day after labor day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)