Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone else having a slow start to the year?

Posted by   + Show Post

Well, we began almost 2 weeks ago, and I thought we would be up to pace or at least close to it by now, but nope! LOL We are still trying to catch our footing...anyone else?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:54 AM
Replies (11-12):
clowncar
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:56 AM
We are set to really begin on the 29. I'm going to ease into this monday though. Start getting the kids used to no tv til the afternoon, consistent bedtime, etc. We're also going to do assessments in each subject, see exactly where they're both at. But most importantly for me though is to just give us all grace. Its ok to take our time, that's one of the pros of homeschooling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Quoting oredeb:

we arent slow i just dont start till middle of sept!

same here! We start after Labor day....well we hs all year long, but we do a diminished schedule during the summer, so we bump back up to the full schedule in Sept.

And we always start slow and ease our way into it. We do like an hour of focused learning for a week, then 2 hours for a week then go back to our full sched which is about 3-4 hours.

Need a great Latin Curriculum for grades K-7? Check out LATIN FRUCTUS!

Home Educators Toolbox / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks

Albert Einstein --
"It is, in fact nothing short a miracle that modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom."
"Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN