Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

To do 8/18

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:24 AM
  • 15 Replies
oh my gosh how is it Thursday?!?!

What do you have going on today?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mynameismuerte
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:01 AM

I HAVE to get my letter of intent sent off this afternoon.  We're going out of town tomorrow for 10 days so it can't wait until we get back.  My middle child is feeling under the weather so today is going to be a slow one.  

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I'll be finishing up a few poster projects hopefully and HOPEFULLY starting on my dress. The dress takes a littl ehigher of a priority since I need it for my cousin's wedding in a few weeks. We're not starting school until we get back from that...and the posters aren't needed immedaitely. Either way - I'm going to try and get everything at least started and as close to done as possible today.

jeng1980
by Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Well with my 2nd grader we are about to begin our phonics.  We will do math and our Thursday work for My Father's World(Bible, History, and Science).  Then he will do his art(I Can Do All Things)  Then I will do phonics and math with my daughter who is in Kindergarten.  Then we are doing Moon week this week so we will study on the moon some more.  We mostly read fun kids' books about the moon. 

At 11:45 we have to leave to get my youngest from preschool so most likely we will get phonics and math done with the two olders before and then after lunch we will do the other stuff.

When we're done with that, it's cleaning day for us.  There will be lots of cleaning going on.  This evening I will plan out a 2 week menu and make a grocery list from that.  I also need to pay bills since it's payday.

So to answer your question, WE HAVE LOTS TO DO TODAY! 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:33 AM
I've got to unenroll dd1 from the public school. We already got our letter of compliance, but apparently I also need to notify the school.

Check prices for tires again. Blah

Get to the chiropractor

Go to the groceries hopefully today

Do some more review with dd in math to find out where we need to start.

Look up info on leasing to own. My cousin wants to buy our house using that option and I'm not too sure about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misselphaba
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:34 AM
I have a doctor's appointment to see if we can figure out why I can't breathe lately. After that, I will probably run by my mom's house to pick up a bookshelf. Then home to do laundry. I also need to clean the upstairs. Oh, and downstairs, I need to clean out the pantry and finish up the kids's project room.
katzmeow726
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:37 AM

We're going to get our car tag (blargh), probably run to the store, and park this morning.  Then I have an appointment with the dentist this afternoon to discuss my wisdom tooth extraction...

And after that, no real plans!

oredeb
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:35 AM

more vacation packing and cleaning!

clean out frig

clean house again!

make sure the garden is cleaned up and picked before we leave

grass cut

everything watered

need to make bread for the next week and anything else we will take along

garbage out

feed the cat

dh off to work

laundry caught up

swim-mom72
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Quoting misselphaba:

I have a doctor's appointment to see if we can figure out why I can't breathe lately. After that, I will probably run by my mom's house to pick up a bookshelf. Then home to do laundry. I also need to clean the upstairs. Oh, and downstairs, I need to clean out the pantry and finish up the kids's project room.

Sorry you are having difficulty. I hope the doctor can give you some insight.

swim-mom72
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:43 AM

I had to be out the door at 7 this morning! *ugh* Do you feel my pain?! Hubby had to leave his truck at the dealership and use my vehicle for the day. So, although I would like to go back to bed, LOL, I have much to do.

I need to school the kids,do laundry,school the kids,do laundry,laundry,LAUNDRY,L A U N D R Y...oh, and did I mention that I have to do laundry?

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Well I started the day off by accidentally falling back asleep this morning so DD had to wake me!... Ive cleaned the house & laundry is in progress..  We are about to get school started: OPG Lesson, MathUSee worksheets. Read about Bats & do a letter B is for Bat craft.. Lunch.. Get ready for gymnastics... Visit library either before or after gymnastics.. Might go to GMIL side of town to visit before they go out of town for the week. . Or yardwork (or put off till tomorrow!)..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN