Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scheduling and Planning

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm putting together my curriculum for the fall semester and I am looking for a good planner to use. What are you ladies using? I can't decide if I want to use a weekly planner or plan by subjects. Any suggestions? My DD will be 3.5 years old, but with 2 smaller ones at home I know if I don't have a plan she will end up watching Leap Frog DVDs all day.

by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:37 PM

We use a Charter School that gives me a lesson plan that covers a month. From that  Ipick and choose what I'm actually going to cover. I then use an excel spreadsheet that I made to break it down by week for each of the kids.

Boobah
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:51 PM
I made my own paper planner based off of the well planned day planner, and am also using www.homeschoolschedtrack.com (I may have that wrong)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Oh! And for a 3.5 year old the planner at target for $1 would be perfect! We used a similar one for pre-k also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:01 PM

i do both, plan by sugjects a week at a time and i just use a notebook

-Eilish-
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I use The Well-Planned Day dayplanner ... it's designed by a homeschooling family for homeschooling families. I love it! You can preview it here.

tuffymama
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:48 PM
I don't need it yet for my LO, so I dk if it is any good, but I ordered the downloadable binder system from www.momstoolbelt.com when it was on sale. It certainly seems thorough!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvthesoap
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:55 PM

I have been homeschooling for 12+ years and have never bought any type of planner. I print what I want off the internet. Goggle "free homeschool forms" and you will find tons of them.

Betty in Ky

Maridel
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Quoting Boobah:

Oh! And for a 3.5 year old the planner at target for $1 would be perfect! We used a similar one for pre-k also.

I got the one from the dollar spot at target too. Its perfect when you just need a guide and need to jot a couple things down per day to stay on track.

Obie9
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I'm just bought Planbook at http://www.hellmansoft.com/. It's available for the Mac or PC. They have some online tutorials.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN