Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Scheduling and Planning

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm putting together my curriculum for the fall semester and I am looking for a good planner to use. What are you ladies using? I can't decide if I want to use a weekly planner or plan by subjects. Any suggestions? My DD will be 3.5 years old, but with 2 smaller ones at home I know if I don't have a plan she will end up watching Leap Frog DVDs all day.

by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:37 PM

We use a Charter School that gives me a lesson plan that covers a month. From that  Ipick and choose what I'm actually going to cover. I then use an excel spreadsheet that I made to break it down by week for each of the kids.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:51 PM
I made my own paper planner based off of the well planned day planner, and am also using www.homeschoolschedtrack.com (I may have that wrong)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Oh! And for a 3.5 year old the planner at target for $1 would be perfect! We used a similar one for pre-k also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:01 PM

i do both, plan by sugjects a week at a time and i just use a notebook

-Eilish-
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I use The Well-Planned Day dayplanner ... it's designed by a homeschooling family for homeschooling families. I love it! You can preview it here.

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:48 PM
I don't need it yet for my LO, so I dk if it is any good, but I ordered the downloadable binder system from www.momstoolbelt.com when it was on sale. It certainly seems thorough!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvthesoap
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:55 PM

I have been homeschooling for 12+ years and have never bought any type of planner. I print what I want off the internet. Goggle "free homeschool forms" and you will find tons of them.

Betty in Ky

Maridel
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Quoting Boobah:

Oh! And for a 3.5 year old the planner at target for $1 would be perfect! We used a similar one for pre-k also.

I got the one from the dollar spot at target too. Its perfect when you just need a guide and need to jot a couple things down per day to stay on track.

Obie9
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I'm just bought Planbook at http://www.hellmansoft.com/. It's available for the Mac or PC. They have some online tutorials.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN