Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT My little girl's socialization!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:08 PM
  • 15 Replies

Tonight was my little girl's first dance class! We decided to put her in dance for socialization skills and because she was  begging us to put her in dance! She had so much fun and did so great! We're so proud of her! Okay that's all:)

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoyfulMommyof2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:37 PM
That's wonderful! It's so important to let our children discover their God-given talents and passions, and to encourage them in those areas. I'm glad this was a great day for her and you!
Yuriko_chan
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Indeed it so is!! And funny you should mention that God gave her her talents. Our studio is a Christian dance studio that plays Christian music for us to dance it! It was so cute because she knows a bunch of songs from Hillsong and such, which is what they played. And she kept singing to them, and the teacher had to try so hard to keep her on track. It was so cute though!

Quoting JoyfulMommyof2:

That's wonderful! It's so important to let our children discover their God-given talents and passions, and to encourage them in those areas. I'm glad this was a great day for her and you!

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:41 PM

How much fun!! I wanted DD to go to dance, but  the place closed... She is doing gymnastics instead & really loving it! :-) Its so much fun watching them grow!

Yuriko_chan
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM

That's so awesome! We thought about putting her in gymnastics, but she's shown a much more interest in dance. I love watching her grow! Makes me sad though too, I wish she was tiny sometimes so I could kiss and hold her all the time. :) But it's a good sad, I'm so happy she's growing up into a beautiful young girl:)

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

How much fun!! I wanted DD to go to dance, but it the place closed... She is doing gymnastics instead & really loving it! :-) Its so much fun watching them grow!

mrspriceisright
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:26 AM

My daughter has been doing ballet for about 3 years now.  She LOVES it.  Especially when they perform.  Her ballet studio actually does The Nutcracker each year with only the students. 

Definitely meeting God's gifts in her is a big blessing.  Be more concerned about that than the "S" word.  Socialization will happen.

FlyHippie
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I'm so glad she's in dance and loving it!!!! That's fun! 

But I have to say, I think you're the first homeschool mom I've ever heard use the "s" word! LOL! I thought that only came out of people's mouth's that were against homeschooling! LOL!

But I'm very glad she's doing it and liking it!

Yuriko_chan
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Thank you! That's great advice! I will:) And that's great about your daughter too! I can't wait until Avalon is up on that stage!

Quoting mrspriceisright:

My daughter has been doing ballet for about 3 years now.  She LOVES it.  Especially when they perform.  Her ballet studio actually does The Nutcracker each year with only the students. 

Definitely meeting God's gifts in her is a big blessing.  Be more concerned about that than the "S" word.  Socialization will happen.

romacox
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:19 AM

That is awesome, Thank you for sharing this precious time in your family's life.

Maridel
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Quoting FlyHippie:

But I have to say, I think you're the first homeschool mom I've ever heard use the "s" word! LOL! I thought that only came out of people's mouth's that were against homeschooling! LOL!

LOL this made me laugh!

And to the OP, my almost 5 year old is about to go into her 3rd year of Dance. I'm so glad your DD enjoyed it! I love seeing them learn new things and HAVE FUN!

Yuriko_chan
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:23 PM

I didn't know that homeschoolers don't use that word! LOL! But being SOO new to it and her being only 3, I have thought about if she interacts with others enough. She goes to children's church on sundays, and now dance on fridays. I just want her to be able to interact, you know:)

But yes, I love to see her learning new things!! I'm so proud of her! She did so great and loves it!

Quoting Maridel:

Quoting FlyHippie:

LOL this made me laugh!

And to the OP, my almost 5 year old is about to go into her 3rd year of Dance. I'm so glad your DD enjoyed it! I love seeing them learn new things and HAVE FUN!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN