Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT My little girl's socialization!

Posted by   + Show Post

Tonight was my little girl's first dance class! We decided to put her in dance for socialization skills and because she was  begging us to put her in dance! She had so much fun and did so great! We're so proud of her! Okay that's all:)

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Replies (11-15):
fygfitness_mom
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Awesome! I'm so happy that she has something she is enjoying and connecting with others who share similar interests is a wonderful things.

I have a ballerina as well. She is a competitive dancer and is so excited to be taking a ballet number to competitions this season. She has been dancing for as long as I can remember and while she does enjoy other forms of dance ballet remains her "truly love". haha She is very dedicated and often aids with the younger dancers when it comes to ballet. That is one of the best parts of schooling the way we do is that she has more time for dance, at her level it is truly time consuming.

FlyHippie
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 1:48 AM

LOL! Well, if you're like me...you'll grow to despise that word! LOL! I have a 13 year old and so the only thing I hear when people find out we homeschool is: WHAT ABOUT SOCIALIZATION???? 

ugh. Never a question of education. Just socialization....grrrrrr! LOL!

One of my closest friends has a baby that just turned 2. She was telling me they were going to put her in a little preschool class for socialization. I told her if she ever said that word to me again, I was gonna wash her mouth out with soap! LOL! Now it's a big joke between us. If my son is at the mall with friends or something...I'll always text her with "we're at socialization class at the mall (or wherever)" and I always get a text back that says SHUT UP! hahahahahahaha

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

I didn't know that homeschoolers don't use that word! LOL! But being SOO new to it and her being only 3, I have thought about if she interacts with others enough. She goes to children's church on sundays, and now dance on fridays. I just want her to be able to interact, you know:)

But yes, I love to see her learning new things!! I'm so proud of her! She did so great and loves it!

Quoting Maridel:

Quoting FlyHippie:

I'm so glad she's in dance and loving it!!!! That's fun! 

But I have to say, I think you're the first homeschool mom I've ever heard use the "s" word! LOL! I thought that only came out of people's mouth's that were against homeschooling! LOL!

But I'm very glad she's doing it and liking it!

LOL this made me laugh!

And to the OP, my almost 5 year old is about to go into her 3rd year of Dance. I'm so glad your DD enjoyed it! I love seeing them learn new things and HAVE FUN!

sew4fun
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 2:44 PM

that is awesome ! I am glad she enjoyed it

fallnangel93
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 3:20 PM

awwww! my daughters did dance class last year, and they LOVED it...I cried at their recital, they were so beautiful! lol. They are so excited for the new year to start, we just aren't sure when that is yet!

Yuriko_chan
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 11:18 AM

That's so funny!! That's the question I always get too. Not "oh that's great for her education" but a "what about her socialization?" It's annoying, but I just always thought it was the norm. I'm glad that others aren't worried about it, therefore I don't have to be either!! Right now since she's only 3, we're just letting her on starfall.com and we have a few workbooks that she works in. But starting in January when she turns 4, that's when we're going to actually get started with something more concrete. Then next school year, we'll be doing a program like Sonlight or Christian Liberty Academy or something like that.

Quoting FlyHippie:

LOL! Well, if you're like me...you'll grow to despise that word! LOL! I have a 13 year old and so the only thing I hear when people find out we homeschool is: WHAT ABOUT SOCIALIZATION???? 

ugh. Never a question of education. Just socialization....grrrrrr! LOL!

One of my closest friends has a baby that just turned 2. She was telling me they were going to put her in a little preschool class for socialization. I told her if she ever said that word to me again, I was gonna wash her mouth out with soap! LOL! Now it's a big joke between us. If my son is at the mall with friends or something...I'll always text her with "we're at socialization class at the mall (or wherever)" and I always get a text back that says SHUT UP! hahahahahahaha

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

I didn't know that homeschoolers don't use that word! LOL! But being SOO new to it and her being only 3, I have thought about if she interacts with others enough. She goes to children's church on sundays, and now dance on fridays. I just want her to be able to interact, you know:)

But yes, I love to see her learning new things!! I'm so proud of her! She did so great and loves it!

Quoting Maridel:

Quoting FlyHippie:

I'm so glad she's in dance and loving it!!!! That's fun! 

But I have to say, I think you're the first homeschool mom I've ever heard use the "s" word! LOL! I thought that only came out of people's mouth's that were against homeschooling! LOL!

But I'm very glad she's doing it and liking it!

LOL this made me laugh!

And to the OP, my almost 5 year old is about to go into her 3rd year of Dance. I'm so glad your DD enjoyed it! I love seeing them learn new things and HAVE FUN!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)