Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

dry erase peel and stick board

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:35 PM
  • 6 Replies

OK so I am a dry erase fanatic. Not that I dont have them everywhere. BUT while at Home Dept yesterday I found an 18" by 6' roll of dry erase poster board peel and stick for... $3!!!!!! You all should go check and see if you can get it too..now..where to stick this thing...

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 20, 2011 at 7:48 AM
Oooooooh! I'm a dry erase fanatic as well! I'll have to check next time I'm there. I can think of several places to stick it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrspriceisright
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Ok, so let me get this right.  It's kind of like contact paper but it's dry erase?  Have you tried it yet?  I'm just curious how easy it would be to peel off a wall.  We're in a rental, so that would be a concern.  Of course, you could put it on a 3-ring binder or more!

fygfitness_mom
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 1:43 AM

We LOVE anything dry-erase. My husband says I have a problem, ahem. It's all he can do to stop me from painting all the walls in our classroom with dry-erase paint.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2011 at 9:30 AM

I have too huge dry erase boards, one upstairs and one downstairs. At Home Depot they have what is called Cheap White Board (ask for it, it'll be in the wood section). It's $12 for a 8 foot long 4or 5 foot wide piece. It's just like a professional white board that costs $75 or $100 bucks. Our Home Depot will cut it however you want it. You can get it cut into little squares or strips. We just had ours cut in half. We've had ours over a year and they still come clean and look nice. We even found piping that slips onto the edges to make it look *finished*.

mrspriceisright
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 12:47 PM

WOW!  That's a cool idea, too.  Then I wouldn't have to worry about taking it down.  I just might have to share both ideas on my blog.  Surely there are other people out there that don't know about these dry erase options!

I knew about chalk board paint, but I really like dry erase better.

Quoting mem82:

I have too huge dry erase boards, one upstairs and one downstairs. At Home Depot they have what is called Cheap White Board (ask for it, it'll be in the wood section). It's $12 for a 8 foot long 4or 5 foot wide piece. It's just like a professional white board that costs $75 or $100 bucks. Our Home Depot will cut it however you want it. You can get it cut into little squares or strips. We just had ours cut in half. We've had ours over a year and they still come clean and look nice. We even found piping that slips onto the edges to make it look *finished*.

smc0178
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 1:46 PM

I have a table that I was wanting to use the chalk board paint on but I would prefer the dry erase board, thanks for sharing this, I will have to ck it out :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)