Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling In illinois "HELP"

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:32 PM
  • 3 Replies

"Okay" so  i am trying to homeschool my son who is 5yrs old (Kindergarden). I live in illinois and understand that every state has there own laws etc. I would love if somebody would be  able to chat with me on how to get started  and all the law stuff.

I am a 25 yr/o married mother of two boys Kyler (5) & Rylan (2), I am also a Full-time Preschool Teacher and College Student.

Thanks

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 20, 2011 at 7:54 AM
Check out www.hslda.com for the laws per state. It's an excellent resource for that part of it.

As far as getting started, I always recommend the book "the well trained mind" by Susan wise Bauer. It is an amazing book that gives you a guide per grade, including organization tips. It is geared towards classical education, but I believe it is good for any method really. I am using mostly the Charlotte mason method, and the website that helped me put it together was www.simplycharlottemason.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandysmom1107
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:52 AM
Im in illinois. The laws here aren't bad at all but you still must keep records and complete all the steps. Having so much going. On in your day already it might be tuff
romacox
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Here are several links that will help you

1. Your State Home School Association if invaluable.  They will help you with legal issues, connect you with support groups near you, provide training, annual conventions and more.  For Illinois I was only able to find one which is Illinois Christian Home Educators.

2.  It will also be important to know the learning styles of your children,  the different methods used by home school families (and resources), and a list of companies that provide testing (when the time comes.  That can be found at this link:  How To Homeschool

3. The Home School Legal Defense Association is also a good link to keep handy.

Every year gets easier...so hang in there KyandRysmommy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)