Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What foreign languages are you doing with your kids?

What curriculum are you using?

How much did you spend on the curriculum?

by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:22 AM
Replies (31-37):
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 7:34 PM
I have rosetta stone french for myself. I've learned a bit from it so far but I JUST finished unit one in the first lesson set. It's working for me, and I want to learn it a bit before I teach my 3 year old. I will do french first then another language, spanish probably then latin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2011 at 2:55 AM

Latin.  We have done a brief overview of ASL and Spanish, and I put little bits and pieces back in.  I haven't bought the Latin yet, but I think the books are about $15.  Mango Languages is free through our library.

-Eilish-
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 4:12 PM

We are starting by teaching Latin (the basis for English and the romance languages) and later we will add Greek (another basis for English and technical nomenclature). If in high school they want to learn a language, then they will have a good place to start from.

DrJChappell
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 4:22 PM

the youngest is doing spanish. not sure about older 2 yet.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2011 at 8:56 AM

I've also let them check out different language books and audio language tutorials from our library so they could hear and see many different languages.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2011 at 8:57 AM

This I would like to know more about...

Quoting KickButtMama:

Ah,  I just designed a Latin curriculum for kids and was curious how many people actually teach Latin...we're a little odd in our studies sometimes (this year my 10 y/o is focusing on Quantum Physics...lol)...and my BFF is doing French...so I was curious to see of anyone else did foreign languages as well!

What a great variety of languages everyone is doing this year!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 24, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Quoting TigerofMu:

This I would like to know more about...

Quoting KickButtMama:

Ah,  I just designed a Latin curriculum for kids and was curious how many people actually teach Latin...we're a little odd in our studies sometimes (this year my 10 y/o is focusing on Quantum Physics...lol)...and my BFF is doing French...so I was curious to see of anyone else did foreign languages as well!

What a great variety of languages everyone is doing this year!

Latin Fructis - @ Home Educators Toolbox

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN