Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

To do 8/20, 8/21

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:21 AM
  • 10 Replies
The weekends are never long enough, especially while dh is working 6 days a week. Idk how mamas do it without help.

What do you have going on this weekend? Anything fun?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:24 AM
Today I prepared, packed, and shipped packages
Got a shower
Did dishes
Cleaned the kitchen

Now I need to tidy the house
Make phone calls
Try to get out of the house and have some fun :)
Do a test paint spot on the bay window to see how it looks
Clean the mantle and bookshelf
Copy workbook pages needed for day 1

Lots more. *sigh*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misselphaba
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Today is my DH's last day of vacation from work.  I am taking my DD (5) to see the Glee movie (she's only seen part of season 1, but insists it's one of her favorite shows, LOL) and my DH is taking my DS (8) to see a movie at the Wildlife Experience museum. 

After the movies, I need to run to Michaels for some glitter and a few things.  Tonight, DH and DD are planning to watch the preseason Bronco game.  DS and I will probably spend some time together...playing Battleship, I imagine, as it's his new fave game. 

Tomorrow, I am going to my mom's for a few hours and my DH and kids are staying home.  I'm going to go through my mom's fabric stash with her.  Yay for new FREE fabric!!  DH is back to work, so it'll be back to normal for me and the kids.  I'll probably work on DD's Montessori type outer space activities.  She's wanting to do more of them.

Precious333
by Julia on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:22 PM

My husband's birthday is today! :) We normally don't do much for birthdays, so we will be having a small cake with his parents and hanging out. Sunday we may spend time with my sister and her fiance and kids.

mamabens
by Miranda on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:13 PM

My parents are out of town visiting my sister, so last night & today we areare  walking their dog for them. I did most of my big cleaning yesterday. We've been picking up behind ourselves most of the day & will go home & watch a movie or two then  come back to walk the dog before bed if they aren't back yet. Tomorrow is church, lunch & church again...our weekends are pretty boring lol.

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:29 PM
I'm on call..and I just got home from being called in for surgery. my main concern is to rehydrate from being sick the past week. And I'm still loosing fluids with my bowel issues that I'm STILL having. So the BRAT diet and poweraide is really all I'm working on today. And reading :) I'm trying to finish the 3rd book of the golden compass series. And I need to finish it because it's on loan on my kindle from lendle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Oh and tomorrow is just church, I don't have any other plans. Oh wait I, need to go to the laundromat and do laundry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noraa21
by Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Today (8/20) we had my DS science birthday party and are now chilling out from that and trying to build all his new lego sets he got.  Tomorrow (8/21), his actual birthday I have to get him packed to go to his dads, and after church we will probably go out to a small dinner with just him and mommy.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 21, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Our local fair started Friday. Two of my girlfriends and our kids (8 kid-yikes!) went last night and saw Trace Adkins in concert. OMG it was fun! That man is just dripping hot...yumm! lol Never realised he is close to 50! Love his songs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 21, 2011 at 2:48 PM
Dang phone....

I'm volunteering at the fair tonight with the Emblem Club (Ladies group associated with the Elks lodge) making tacos in their taco booth. Its work but it's fun too. I get free admission so I will pop in early and grab me a deep fried twinkie! Yummmmmmmmmm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlyHippie
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 2:55 PM

My son just made a new baseball team...and we had our first practice yesterday! 3 hours in the 105 degree heat! LOVE BASEBALL! LOL

But it was great, he had a blast, loves his new team...I realized I'm gonna have to get my snoot on. I met some other moms...eek. Will be tucking away some of my hippie-ness during baseball! LOL! (I got the ever present, "ewwwww....you homeschool? I can't IMAGINE...ugh...I need a break from my kids...yuck. Mine would never listen to me....yeah, I was a public school teacher for 13 years...." sigh. The conversation after that from another mom was discussing her move to her 5000 sq ft home that she's not sure if she likes. But she hired people to hang pictures for her...that might help. She doesn't "do" manual labor like hanging photos....she'd love the home if she wasn't so spoiled...but it's just SMALL...ugh.

Yeah. I'm gonna learn how to appreciate these people and not judge. And that's always a good thing to be reminded of.

But today...Do some cleaning...and make a list of "to do lessons" for my son. I teach, but we decided instead of the daily "do this....do this....do this..." I would make a list. "These things" must be done by Friday. So if you jack around on Monday, one day this week, you will have to bust it to get crap done. I'm done begging and pleading and reminding." so the list making begins today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN