Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Sunday is my day to plan. When is yours?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 9:18 AM
  • 13 Replies

I plan my week out on Sundays (or I try to do so) so I don't have an excuse on why the kids' stuff isn't done. Do you have a planning day?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fallnangel93
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 3:30 PM

I like Friday night or Saturday morning. Friday because the past week is still really fresh in my mind, and if I do it either on Friday or Saturday, I still have all day Sunday to just destress and get ready for the next week, without feeling like I am rushed to get it done.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 21, 2011 at 4:16 PM
I always say I do my planning on Sunday. I'd really like to..lol..but usually it happens Monday morning with the three kids around mesying,"Mom! Mom! Where is my asssignment sheet?" So I give them each a project to start while I work on it.

I'm trying to do it on Sunday this year...really I am!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 4:41 PM

I go to the Library to get books on Fri/Sat for the next week if needed.. But I also do my planning on Sunday. Id prefer I do it on fri/sat.. but it never gets done so soon! LOL.

Thankfully I looked up Awanas Registration at our Church a few minutes ago & found out its TONIGHT! So hoping I can plan next week when we get home after that, or else Monday we will only do MUS, OPG & read..

FlyHippie
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 4:54 PM

I plan as we go along....I write it all out on Sundays so we see which days are heavy with driving, classes far away, my schooling, baseball, etc.

But I have a dry erase calendar for "this month", another one for "next month" and a planner book that goes with me everywhere and a weekly write it all down for the kiddo calendar.

We have so much going on, it's all I can do to keep up! LOL!

TroyboysMom
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 4:56 PM

I typically plan through Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night in pieces.

cedailey
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Tues/Wed evenings when the kids are in dance class.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2011 at 5:33 PM
The weekend until it's all scheduled and works for us. Always evolving until then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenieceMojica
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 5:34 PM

bump

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 21, 2011 at 6:20 PM

I plan everything in August and separate the worksheets and assignments into month folders. During the last week of a month I take out the month folder and separate it into weeks. Then on Sat or Sun I grab the coming weeks folder and can separate it into daily boxes (with all the games/index cards/ craft things/ etc needed for all the assignments).. At each day the kids just grab that box and they know everything they need to accomplish that day.

ElectraSpy
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 6:33 PM
We've adopted a year round, 4 day school week, so now I will be prepping on Fridays for the new week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN