Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Sunday is my day to plan. When is yours?

Posted by   + Show Post

I plan my week out on Sundays (or I try to do so) so I don't have an excuse on why the kids' stuff isn't done. Do you have a planning day?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 9:18 AM
Replies (11-13):
Gumberly
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 12:50 PM
In general I try to do my planning on Sunday, key word here being "try". I try to put holds on books at the library for at least 2 to 3 weeks worth of lessons. Once I have them I set down and make plans for at least the up coming week.
I didn't feel all that great this weekend so I dropped the ball about getting it done and will be playing catch up today. Luckily my husband works graveyard and gets up to spend time with the kids around noon so I can sneak off to make my lesson plan and any copies I need then.
swim-mom72
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Quoting ElectraSpy:

We've adopted a year round, 4 day school week, so now I will be prepping on Fridays for the new week.

This is our first try at this kind of schedule. And I have still been doing the Sunday evening planning lately, and hating it. I think I will switch to Fridays now : ) Good idea, thanks!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 22, 2011 at 6:34 PM
I am thinking Friday night or Saturday. That way if I don't get it done, I still have Sunday to make up for it. Some subjects are easier than others, like science, reading, literature, spelling. But math, story, and the extras like art, music, poetry, etc need time to plan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN