Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

To do MONDAY!

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 8:08 AM
  • 8 Replies
It's Monday again! And our last week here until we start "school".

I've decided to incorporate some lesson plans for my two year old also, so I'm working on that this week as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 8:21 AM
I'm at work, but friday is my last day before I drive from here (uvalde tx to ann arbor mi)...we have nothing going on at work today so I might start packing up my van
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carlapc
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 8:39 AM

I have all supplies and books organized and ready. Even got new speakers for the computer and cleaned off the desk! So what's left for this week? Scheduling and lesson plans. We are 2nd grade and K. I am desparately in need of advice on how much time should be spent on each subject. I would love to find a schedule example. We will of course be flexible but I feel like I need some kind of guide. Any suggestions are welcome!

http://www.carlacitarelli.blogspot.com/

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 22, 2011 at 8:39 AM
Is it above or vacation? That's a long way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 22, 2011 at 8:41 AM
I use www.simplycharlottemason.com who suggests lessons only be about 15 minutes long. Shorter lessons allow for more focus per subject. After 15-20 minutes the student loses focus, becomes bored or fidgety most of the time anyway, kwim?

Quoting carlapc:

I have all supplies and books organized and ready. Even got new speakers for the computer and cleaned off the desk! So what's left for this week? Scheduling and lesson plans. We are 2nd grade and K. I am desparately in need of advice on how much time should be spent on each subject. I would love to find a schedule example. We will of course be flexible but I feel like I need some kind of guide. Any suggestions are welcome!

http://www.carlacitarelli.blogspot.com/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 11:16 AM
Were you asking me? Lol
I'm moving. I'm a traveling surgical tech. I move every 3 ish months. Just me and my daughter. I'm driving too

Quoting Boobah:

Is it above or vacation? That's a long way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 22, 2011 at 1:58 PM
Sorry that should say is it a move. Lol and wow! I guess homeschooling works very well for moving that often!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Yes :) my daughter is only 3 now but we will likely start kindergarten next year and I plan on traveling for a few years still.

Quoting Boobah:

Sorry that should say is it a move. Lol and wow! I guess homeschooling works very well for moving that often!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 22, 2011 at 6:36 PM
I have gotten quite q bit done today, im pretty proud :)
I only have 2 subjects left to plan for Monday I think and they are fairly easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN