Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Share on this subject: art

Posted by   + Show Post
What grade/age is your child?

Do you use a program for art?

What do you like/dislike about how you currently do art?

Do you tech art, or do more play/experimenting?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 7:31 AM
Replies (21-23):
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2011 at 12:02 PM

I am so sorry that she had such a bad experience!  I hope that she will start to gain confidence and try things again!

Quoting Danielle163:

Yeah, I agree with boobah...that volcano looks great! We are kind of lacking in Art....DD had a bad experience with a ps art teacher and now shys away from art, says she can't do it, has lost any creativity she had...........so when she feels like drawing I just let her do whatever she wants. I made sure that we have bunches of art supplies. I'm hoping that this year for the upcoming holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas, V-day, St. Patrick's day, Easter) throughout the year, I can get her to participate. That rotten teacher made her feel terrible. I want to be able to show her that you can have fun making crafts/whatever and even if it doesn't turn out quite right, that it is no big deal.

Danielle163
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Quoting TigerofMu:

I am so sorry that she had such a bad experience!  I hope that she will start to gain confidence and try things again!

Quoting Danielle163:

Yeah, I agree with boobah...that volcano looks great! We are kind of lacking in Art....DD had a bad experience with a ps art teacher and now shys away from art, says she can't do it, has lost any creativity she had...........so when she feels like drawing I just let her do whatever she wants. I made sure that we have bunches of art supplies. I'm hoping that this year for the upcoming holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas, V-day, St. Patrick's day, Easter) throughout the year, I can get her to participate. That rotten teacher made her feel terrible. I want to be able to show her that you can have fun making crafts/whatever and even if it doesn't turn out quite right, that it is no big deal.

Hey thanks for the kind words! Yeah, DD really had a rotten time with the art teacher. And her actual teacher wasn't good either. Looking back, I wish that I had just started hs her at the beginning of 1st grade. Oh well, can't change it now. I'm in the craft group and I'm sure they will have a bunch of good ideas for  the upcoming holiday season. Should be fun!

Maridel
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 9:43 PM

I have preschoolers and a Kindergartener, all subjects revolve around arts and crafts! =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)