Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone here eat a "raw" diet, or an organic diet?

Posted by   + Show Post
I know the benefits of only eating food raw (veggies, fruits, whole foods like almonds, nuts, etc). But not eating anything cooked seems like a huge change for us. We have been trying to incorporate more organic foods, eat less processed foods, etc. It's hard, but worth it. I won't say we don't eat anything bad, because more than half of our foods are still not "healthy" foods but we are trying to make the change,

Anyone here eat raw or organic? My question is how to get the kids on board. That is why I am sloooooowwwwly incorporating it. Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 8:33 AM
Replies (21-22):
LostTheSlipper
by Member on Aug. 26, 2011 at 10:25 PM

My new thing right now is green smoothies. I'm working on getting more "clean" foods into our diet but it seems to be so time consuming figuring out what is what and going to 2 or 3 different stores. Yikes!

ElectraSpy
by on Aug. 27, 2011 at 12:19 AM

I eat Raw & my kids mostly do... everthing they (& hubs eats) that isn't is homemade gluten-wheat-corn-dairy free. They eat grass-fed beef from a local rancher, I did too but I'm loving just live food now. It's a process like everything else, we 1st went gluten-wheat free 15 months ago (allergies) & I've been Raw Vegan since Feb. We have a large organic garden the kids help with so that is a huge promoter of it & my kids snack there all the time. Around here, my kids are allowed to eat as much fruits & veggies as they want in a day. Yesterday, my 4 yr old dd ate 8 tangelos before dinner, she said they were too good to stop & thats fine with me (still ate her dinner, btw =) The most important thing about eating Raw is to let go of the fruit has too much sugar & should be limited myth. The majority of the animal kingdom eats tons of fruits & greens, seen any with diabetes & obesity? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)