Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do do you have a garden? Share pics!

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 8:36 AM
  • 8 Replies
We currenty only have a tomato plant here, we had two blueberry bushes that only lived 2 weeks... Thankfully my dad has a green thumb and a huge garden on his property and I take the girls there to help plant, weed, and pick.
I'm really looking forward to moving onto some more fertile land. It's hard to grow in rock and clay! Maybe I should have looked to see what *does* grow well in that environment (weeds seem to do very well! Haha)
anyhow, show me your gardens! I love end of summer gardens!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
oredeb
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 1:12 AM

yes i have a garden! and lots of pictures!hahah

we are growing, tomatoes, lettuce, rhubarb, squash, zuchini, eggplant, leeks, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, beets, swiss chard, brussel sprouts, green beans, peppers, lots of herbs, lots of flowers, potatoes, onions, garlic, ......

fygfitness_mom
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Quoting oredeb:

we are growing, tomatoes, lettuce, rhubarb, squash, zucchini, eggplant, leeks, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, beets, swiss chard, brussels sprouts, green beans, peppers, lots of herbs, lots of flowers, potatoes, onions, garlic, ......

I am so jealous! I want to grow a garden so badly but nothing ever works. I live in northern Arizona and just can't figure out how to make it work here. It makes me nuts as we are vegetarians and growing our own fruits and veggies would save us so much money.

mommyto2gr8ones
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 1:57 AM

My girlfriend and I were just talking about how I could grow a garden w/the soil I have and she suggested using pots and purchasing the good gardening soil from the store.  That's a bonus in many ways b/c that also makes my plants movable.  I think I may try next year w/plenty of research.  :)

Quoting fygfitness_mom:

I am so jealous! I want to grow a garden so badly but nothing ever works. I live in northern Arizona and just can't figure out how to make it work here. It makes me nuts as we are vegetarians and growing our own fruits and veggies would save us so much money.

oredeb
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 11:21 AM

pots are great, raised beds are fantastic! and easy!

sew4fun
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 2:52 PM

so jealous ! This is fantastic !

Quoting oredeb:

we are growing, tomatoes, lettuce, rhubarb, squash, zuchini, eggplant, leeks, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, beets, swiss chard, brussel sprouts, green beans, peppers, lots of herbs, lots of flowers, potatoes, onions, garlic, ......

oredeb
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 4:39 PM

im gona bore you all with pictures of my garden if you dont show yours!!!!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 30, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Oooh Debbie, I knew I could count on you! I love love love those pics! Hopefully if we get this new house I will have my own garden. We do tomato plants in pots every year, and the girls love it.

What is the thing with the glass jar on top? And can I get a closer pic of garlic? I never even thought of growing garlic!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 8:38 PM

boobah those are leeks! i'll look for my garlic pictures they are on the other side of garden,  i love pots of tomatoes!

above is when i first planted it, i had to start all over cuz we bought a new house! and below is nothing! haha its there but im over wintering it since this is the first year for it here.

I'll go take a piccture of it now, its ready to harvest!!

debbie

HomeSchooling! http://homemade-school.blogspot.com/ Cooking! http://mykitchen-deb.blogspot.com/ Gardening! http://mygardenofweeds.blogspot.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN