Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Saxon math

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 2:21 PM
  • 3 Replies

Anyone by chance doing Saxon math for first grade. We have hit a little bump and I need some help and hoping someone could help me. So the big parents book says that give the child the 1-5 counting strips from Master 1-2 I dont know where that is or what that is. WE have the parents book, the 2 woekbooks, and that thin book and I cant find this in either of them am I missing something else?

by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 24, 2011 at 6:26 PM

There was a packet of pages, mostly cardstock.  It has numbers on pieces of paper you fold on the line and seperate them.  

Basically it is just the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 on little 1.5" x 3" cards.  You can pretty much make your own.  

Your kit should include the teachers manual, workbooks 1 and 2, "the meeting" book, which is kind of pointless to me, and a packet of papers.  

We are also doing saxon 1, first grade.  :)  I have already cut a few sheets apart, but if you need me to, I can describe or take a picture of the sheets needed.  There aren't many.  

AAfterSearch
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 3:19 AM

I don't use Saxon, I use tutorteddy math curriculum. You can give it a try for your kids. 

misssy2000
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 11:18 AM

ohh thats why I could not find them I already tore them up ugh!

WE just started dd loves it. Its still pretty easy so far for her so I hope it picks up but she loves it. How are you liking it? I find it kinda boaring and reepetive. No pretty colors or animals but she is doing well with it so I suppose that is what matters.

Quoting Boobah:

There was a packet of pages, mostly cardstock.  It has numbers on pieces of paper you fold on the line and seperate them.  

Basically it is just the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 on little 1.5" x 3" cards.  You can pretty much make your own.  

Your kit should include the teachers manual, workbooks 1 and 2, "the meeting" book, which is kind of pointless to me, and a packet of papers.  

We are also doing saxon 1, first grade.  :)  I have already cut a few sheets apart, but if you need me to, I can describe or take a picture of the sheets needed.  There aren't many.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)