Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Favorite easy school day meal?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 8:54 AM
  • 14 Replies
What is your go-to meal when you have a busy/stressful day? I'm trying to wean myself off the convenience of fast food, and would love to hear what you do to make school day meals a little easier. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroyale
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 1:35 PM

I make a casserole. usually brocolli and chesse noodle. or put tater tot hotdish in the crock pot. Chili too. start them before school starts and they are done by lunch time. I work in the afternoon so school time is precious. try to make meals that dont atke away from school time. lol otherwise I have my daughter help me.

mrsjones2207
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I always keep yogurt, cut fruit, cheese, hotdogs, cut raw veggies, lunch meat, crackers, pretzels cut up and packed in ziplocks (not the yogurt) and they can just grab and eat at lunch time. Or leftovers. I dont spend alot of time preparing breakfast or lunch.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2011 at 1:57 PM
On stress days we do picnic dinners and everyone helps to make them and clean up. Hotdogs, grilled cheese, pbn'j, lunch meat sandwiches and such, will celery, carrot sticks, or some veggie, chips and fruit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 4:10 PM
Everybody gets a bagel. I toast the bagels and spread with garden veggie cream cheese.
In the oven I bake sliced tomato with cheese on top just until cheese melts. Place tomato slices on bagels, top with spices and serve with a side (carrots, sun chips, something along those lines...)
Its a favorite around here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hlbhembree
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 7:11 PM

I do a lot of crock pot meals or stuff that is short prep that I can throw in the oven and come back to dinner!!  I get all my recipes online most from allrecipes.com.

randyxtracie
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Crock Pot meals or breakfast for dinner.  For lunch, hummus with veggies and Triscuits.

sew4fun
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Just about anything with hot dogs/turkey dogs. We make a casserole,chili dogs,pigs in a blanket and beans and franks, oh yes wienies and sauerkraut. Cheese burger pie,taco pie,tamale pie,spaghetti,meat balls,meat loaf,shepards pie. Oh I have a ton of quick easy cheap meal ideas and recipes.

r_trent
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Easy school day meal for me is Taco sandwichs, kinda like a sloppy joe just with taco meat and all the fixins on top DD loves it and its a great way to use up leftovers from the night before.

Liansmommie
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 4:11 AM

That is yummy

Quoting r_trent:

Easy school day meal for me is Taco sandwichs, kinda like a sloppy joe just with taco meat and all the fixins on top DD loves it and its a great way to use up leftovers from the night before.

Liansmommie
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 4:11 AM

My go to is always spaghetti.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)