Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Favorite easy school day meal?

Posted by   + Show Post
What is your go-to meal when you have a busy/stressful day? I'm trying to wean myself off the convenience of fast food, and would love to hear what you do to make school day meals a little easier. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 8:54 AM
Replies (11-14):
luvthesoap
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 11:25 AM

When I have extra money, I do once a month cooking. That way, dinner is quick & easy. It saves tons of time!

Betty in Ky

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Leftovers, sandwiches, rice with burger and cream of mushroom soup, my favorite treat is bean and cheese burritos.  I buy black beans and put them on a tortilla with a little cheese.  About a minute in the micro and they are ready to go!  Without a microwave, I put the beans in a pot and lay my tortilla on top to soften while I heat them.  Then I just sprinkle the cheese and hope the beans are hot enough to melt it.

romacox
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I like Cajun beans and rice...especially in the winter months.  We usually cook up a crock pot full, and freeze the remaining for future quick meals.

countjb
by on Aug. 27, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Use a crock pot. There are so many meals that you can make effortlessly using a crock. Usually you can do the preparation the night before, and then just pop the crock into the base and turn it on in the morning. There's a CafeMom group just for crock pot recipes if you need ideas. You can cook meatloaf, roasts, chicken pieces or whole, ribs, pasta dishes, the list goes on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN