Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a household schedule?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you schedule what day you do laundry, vacuum, etc? What about a meal schedule, like where you have meatless monday, taco Tuesday, etc?

I'm thinking if I made myself a schedule, it might make things run smoother as we start school next week, and I might not have a disaster of a house!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 8:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
mom2queenie2004
by on Aug. 28, 2011 at 7:40 AM

Wish they had that for just a computer. I don't have any of those other things.

Quoting Boobah:

I actually found an awesome app for my ipad/ipod/iphone (whichever one might have). It is called "Paprika" and it is an AMAZING meal planner. You put in recipes, or can import them from the internet.  In the recipe, you can add ingredients to your grocery list, and not check the ones you already have.  And, you can schedule your breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks.  I am seriously excited about this app!  I just got it yesterday and haven't had much time to play, but it will be on my weekend list!

As far as cleaning, I'm still debating on how to do that.  Right now we do laundry on Fridays, and try to have it all folded/put away by Sunday.  It's nice to not have to think about it all week.  As far as everything else, I just do it "whenever" which sometimes means... not for a long time!  I have been trying to do dishes once a day, while cooking dinner and it has been a tremendous help.  I feel like I am cleaning all day as it is now, it's definitely a challenge with two young ones.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2011 at 7:51 AM

I tried scheduling everything like that once and my hubby totally botched it within the first hr of the first week we tried it and I gave up. I tried planning meals for the week but we never seemed to follow that either because he'd decide to cook something but didn't want or feel like cooking what was planned for (and I made him help with that).  Now his work schedule is so messed up and inconsistant that it is entirely usless for me to try. If I'm using a schedule I get entirely lost if I have to stray from it. If I don't have one and I'm left to wing it, then I'm usually okay...  I am excited to actually have a schedule made up for our school work for this year tho. Hopefully we can stick to that one....

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 28, 2011 at 8:26 AM
They do, but I think it's only available for the Mac. :( it's $19.99 for the Mac version, so I won't be getting that. Lol

Quoting mom2queenie2004:

Wish they had that for just a computer. I don't have any of those other things.

Quoting Boobah:

I actually found an awesome app for my ipad/ipod/iphone (whichever one might have). It is called "Paprika" and it is an AMAZING meal planner. You put in recipes, or can import them from the internet.  In the recipe, you can add ingredients to your grocery list, and not check the ones you already have.  And, you can schedule your breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks.  I am seriously excited about this app!  I just got it yesterday and haven't had much time to play, but it will be on my weekend list!

As far as cleaning, I'm still debating on how to do that.  Right now we do laundry on Fridays, and try to have it all folded/put away by Sunday.  It's nice to not have to think about it all week.  As far as everything else, I just do it "whenever" which sometimes means... not for a long time!  I have been trying to do dishes once a day, while cooking dinner and it has been a tremendous help.  I feel like I am cleaning all day as it is now, it's definitely a challenge with two young ones.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElectraSpy
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 12:43 AM
Appts, co-ops, trips hit the calendar. We have our staple meals stocked, dinner decision is in the am. We try to get school done before lunch. Laundry load everyday, most days the dishwasher too. Bathroom every pm after kids go to bed, sweeping kitchen floor & wiping countertops . One big chore (vacuum, mopping, garden, dusting) daily. Bedding on Sundays.. That's our vague guideline. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinstartermom
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Currently I don't have a schedule for anything. I'm going to be working on it this week though. We really need to batten down the hatch and prep for baby.

mamaof2n1angel
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 2:23 PM

I have  had my  husband  do a schedule for me.. hereis  mine :

0430 wake fed cats ( diabetic cat insulin dependant)

0530 make sure the  husband is up and in the shower for work

0630 get cat cared for ( shot after  glucose  blood check )

0700 make sure  older two kids are up and  eating breakfast 

0730 make sure rooms  are straightened for the day/ school schedule items are ready. 

0800 wash up dishes from breakfast

0900-1100 school for the older two

1100-1200 free time

1200-1300 lunch

1300 -1500 rest  time 

1500 - 1700 school

1700 feed cats

1800 dinner

1900 showers for  older two bath for  baby/diabetic cat medical care

2030 pr 2100 bed time for  all three kids

2100-2200 clean kitchen or another chore i have  to do for the day.

2200 bed for me/ snuggle time with  hubby.

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I desperately need a schedule 

oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 29, 2011 at 11:26 PM

sort of

mondays- clean house up after the weekend real good, includes vaccumn, bed changing, toilet cleaning, floor sweeping and moppin, dusting, clean walls, refrig. etc, bake the weekly bread, and any of the mixes i use, laundry, school

tues- do the house work- load and unload dishwasher (every day thing), sweeping mopping, straighten bathrooms, work in garden, water, clean deck, pull weeds, school, co-op

wed- do errands, go grocery shopping if needed, light house work, roast coffee, school

thur- house work, vaccumn, co-op, school

fri- house work, field trip, garden, make menu(every 2 weeks), lesson plans (every 2 weeks), roast coffee,

sat- everyone to their own!!! hahaha left overs for dinner,

sun- church, roast coffee, straighten house, work in garden

well thats the schedule sort of!! it changes , but somethings stay the same

mom24and7
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 8:13 AM

The person that asked this question read my mind! I have four kids that I homeschool and take care of my husband who is homebound. I have tried to work on a schedule for a LONG time but I can't seem to get it together. My house is a WRECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it makes me so nervous and depressed that I put off schooling until we get it clean..which just delays EVERYTHING.

Those of you who schedule, do you have a minute by minute schedule? would you mind sharing? also do you start early or do you have any schedulers here that start later on in the day? we are night owls here.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 8:16 AM

We don't really have a schedule like that. We do make a weekly meal list, so I have what is needed on hand but what day we do them is open.

Other than that, we are free!

Join me in Moms for Education
Moms for Education

"Oppression of spirit is not on
the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced
while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators,
multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school
boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach
children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are
little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly,
providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and
thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you
want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)