Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Singapore math

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2011 at 2:48 PM
  • 2 Replies

Does nayone use this curriculum, is it a good one, are there any gaps in it, is it spiral or mastery based.  Do you have to do a lto of lesson planing or is it spelled out for you?  

I got a workbook from our libray for .10 thinking we could just use it as a practice type of thing.  When I got it I didn't realize it was a singapore book.  I went on line and looked a little further into the program and I think this may be something my DS would like.  He loves math and is always wanting to learn more and more.  Me I suck at math so this is where I struggle trying to find something he can do and still be challenaged, while I can understand and still try to teach him.  

by on Aug. 27, 2011 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mom2queenie2004
by on Aug. 27, 2011 at 9:39 PM

My DD,7.5 loves Singapore Math. We did it last year and are using it again this year. It is a mastery approach. I don't do a lot of lesson planning for it. When a new concept is going to be taught I sit with her and go over it, then she does the rest.

Danielle163
by on Aug. 27, 2011 at 9:53 PM

We are using Singapore math for the first time starting on Monday. (DD is starting 3rd grade)It looks more challenging than Saxon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN