Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I can't wait until we are "officially official" home schoolers

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2011 at 10:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

I know that sounds silly, doesn't it?  My kiddos are only 2 years old, but I'm really looking forward to the day, a few years from now, where I hand in the paper work to the school board that says "My kids are going to be educated at home, THANK YOU VERY MUCH."

I don't know what it is. Ever since we made the decision to home school, it's like I can't wait for it to really start.  Of course we do some things around here.  I've finally started working on letters and numbers with the twins.  We'll be introducing shapes (well, introducing them more formally) soon, and really keep working on colors.  As of right now, they call every color green, which is actually very amusing!

Home school is a life style...but there is just something exciting about really making it "officially official" as DH would say.  It's going to be like telling the school system "Yeah, sorry, you guys aren't all that great.  So thanks, but no thanks, to your brand of education!."
  Oh listen to me, I sound like a little kid.  I'm just so excited about the coming years and REALLY getting in to the home education swing of things.  I guess I don't really feel like a home school mom yet, maybe that is why I am so excited.  I can't get enough of books about home education, and learning and reading about it, and thinking of all the fun things we are going to do with our kids. 

I swear ladies, it's worse than waiting for christmas....was anyone else like this with their kiddos?

by on Aug. 27, 2011 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 28, 2011 at 8:35 AM
Haha I'm excited to be starting tomorrow!
I'd say you have an awesome advantage over me, because I didn't know until april we would be homeschooling! So you can research methods, and all that now :) the Charlotte mason series is 6 books long! I haven't read it yet. Lol
Also, you will never have to put your kids through what mine went through when we put her in public school for kindergarten. We are STILL undoing that damage. Ugh.

It is an exciting journey, and one I feel so blessed to be taking with my kids :). Enjoy giving them a good foundation now, and you will benefit huge in the "homeschooling years"

If I could do one thing different in their early years, and if I had known about it, I'd have started habit training when they were young.

Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danielle163
by on Aug. 28, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Yes, I have to agree with boobah....you won't ever have to deal with undoing the damage that public school can do. I didn't know that I would be hs either but we are, and I know that my sweet child is not  being picked on/bullied anymore. Good luck to you on your hs experience.

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2011 at 12:23 AM
I'm with you! My daughter is 3 and I can't wait to be "official" either. I'm very excited to start. I've even looked at curriculums past kindergarten level (yeah a but in the future lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanut06
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Yep, I'm a future-looker with a dd who just turned 3.  We decided to homeschool before we even had kids.  In the last 2 years, I've been in at least 5 different email homeschool groups, picking up juicy resources and tips.  I've compiled a spreadsheet document with at least 13 pages, pre-school to college LOL

To the OP, I'm ready for the time in 3 more years when we hand in the paperwork on our older homeschooler, too :)

Quoting armygirl16:

I'm with you! My daughter is 3 and I can't wait to be "official" either. I'm very excited to start. I've even looked at curriculums past kindergarten level (yeah a but in the future lol)

homeschool 

Happy momma and natural birth, homeschooling, and ERF advocate!
oredeb
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 11:30 PM

hahahahahah you are excited!!! i feel that way every sept when we start up again!!!! its so exciting!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN