Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Disgusted

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 1:40 PM
  • 14 Replies
Has anyone read the post "15 reasons to celebrate the start of school" posted on The Stir? It's absolutely disgusting! It makes me so sad that "parents" can't wait to kick their kids out of the house just so they can eat in front of the computer and watch profanity laced videos on YouTube (not making it up...actual comment). Can you imagine if their children happened to read that post? How would they feel? Okay...I feel a little better now. Just had to get that off my chest :-/

Mom of Laura-my 13 going on 30 angel, and 10 year old Nathan, the happiest kid in the world who happens to have Asperger's.

by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Earthy_Mom
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 1:44 PM

I haven't read it, and probably wont now. I can't contemplate half of what most parents I know do, or what I hear from a lot of parents... it makes zero sense to me and makes me wonder wtf their on that allows them to think/speak/act like they do. Thanks for the warning! And glad you got that off your chest!

carolkey74
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 1:51 PM
Thanks! I added a comment to that disgusting post, and I've already been attacked for being a holier than thou homeschooler who thinks I love my kids more than parents who send their kids to school. I was accused of making homeschoolers seem snobby. It's okay...I've got thick skin lol!

Mom of Laura-my 13 going on 30 angel, and 10 year old Nathan, the happiest kid in the world who happens to have Asperger's.

Earthy_Mom
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 2:19 PM

I would have said "thank you, yes I am holier than thou" Lol.

Reminds me of a question I asked once "parent-raised, non-parent raised, somewhere in between?" I gave definitions as PR being 90% of time with parents, NPR being 90% of time with non-parent, SIB being about 50/50. People took offense to the idea that if they only see kids at dinner time or bed time that they may be being raised by a non-parent.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2011 at 2:38 PM

I'm going to go check it out.

mommyto2gr8ones
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Unfortunately we can't control how others think or feel about thier kids but I had to go check the article out since you posted about it, here is what I ended up posting there (I'm number 39).  I wonder if I will get bashed.   LOL

To the author of this article: you left a third camp of moms out, the ones that homeschool and don't have to cry watching thier little ones going to school or get happy b/c thier kids are back in school.  Homeschool is def. NOT for everyone but I am thankful for the opportunity and freedom to do so.

With that being said, here's my answer to your question.  I'm excited there are kids are going back to school b/c we have emptier parks and museums, we have awesome school supply sales that we can take advantage of b/c we aren't on a school supply deadline, and my kid's friends are back in school so I can spend more time w/my kids!!  YAY for school!!!!  :)

carolkey74
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 7:55 AM
Love it! No doubt it'll get bashed, but that's okay. I have never bashed moms for sending their kids to school (we were in the ps system for 6 years). But I will say that any mom who can't wait to send their kids away so she can watch dirty YouTube videos should reevaluate her priorities. Thanks for havin' my back!
wright1212
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Im not going to have time to read it, but food for thought.. I am SO happy their kids are going back to school. So thankful those parents DONT homeschool..that is just scary to think about all those potentially neglected kids and how they would turn out if left at home all day!!

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

Danielle163
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 9:16 AM

I can relate to what you are saying. We encountered one mother (here where we live) that told me that if she homeschooled she wouldn't have any time left for herself. And she stated this AFTER telling me that her DD was picked on, called names, excluded, and had no friends due to the fact that the child is overweight (and because the ps kids are monsters!!) Yeah, you gotta love these parents...................

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 30, 2011 at 7:42 PM
That's all that has been on my Facebook feed for days. I'm glad I haven't been on the computer much lately. Too busy enjoying my kids. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wright1212
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Quoting Boobah:

That's all that has been on my Facebook feed for days. I'm glad I haven't been on the computer much lately. Too busy enjoying my kids. ;)

You know whats funny (not haha), All my friends are posting how much they are hating sending their kids. The 45 worksheets that 1 first grader had, the countless moments one DD was upset since she hates her teacher, then one mom of 5 has 3 in school and al 5 now have colds week 3 of school. All of them wish they could homeschool and they cant for various reasons. Makes me sooo sooo soo thankful that I finally can this year AND that my DH is 100% for whatever I want to do.

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN