Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Has anyone read the post "15 reasons to celebrate the start of school" posted on The Stir? It's absolutely disgusting! It makes me so sad that "parents" can't wait to kick their kids out of the house just so they can eat in front of the computer and watch profanity laced videos on YouTube (not making it up...actual comment). Can you imagine if their children happened to read that post? How would they feel? Okay...I feel a little better now. Just had to get that off my chest :-/

Mom of Laura-my 13 going on 30 angel, and 10 year old Nathan, the happiest kid in the world who happens to have Asperger's.

by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 1:40 PM
Replies (11-14):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 31, 2011 at 12:09 PM
Omgosh I totally remember that. Dd was sick a handful of times the first semester and had homework too (kinder). I'm so so so thankful also!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom71307
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Saw a plaque the other day... "I homeschool because I have seen the village and I don't want it teaching (raising) my children"

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2011 at 8:20 PM

I went and put in my 2 cents also  :)

Simply_Janeen
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:48 PM

That list was awful. I won't lie, I like to have a little free time myself. That's what the time after DH gets home from work and Fridays are for! And to be fair, I wouldn't have minded sending her to Montessori, just to give her a different experience outside of being at home because I'm a little nervous about doing this homeschooling thing but even if my child was in school, I don't think I would write some of what was on that list! And if you have a younger child, then you still have a kid at home. So it really leaves out a lot of people.

Janeen

Wife to John since 2003, Mom to Natalie (5), and Isabelle born July 20, 2010.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)