Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Can any one recommend any preferably free websites.

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 12:43 AM
  • 8 Replies

I am a little slow in getting all my curriculum ordered, part because I just haven't had the money and part because I wasn't sure whatI was going to do.  I will be ordering the rest of it on Friday.  I won't be very far behind as our PS doesn't start until the 6th, so not too worried about when we actually start the bulk of homeschooling.

I have our spelling curriculum, but was wondering if anyone could recommend some websites that are free that would be good to use as a sort of fill in type thing for the first two weeks.  I am mostly looking for grammar, math and some history.  I was just thinking about doing a little review of math skills and I am really not  sure where to start him at in grammar, as he does not seem to know what adverbs, pronouns, nouns, things like that etc.  He will be starting 5th grade, so if any one has any suggestions I would be so ever grateful for them, thank you.

Gevie 

by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mom24and7
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 8:35 AM

http://www.yourchildlearns.com/

You can also do a search for free educational websites and the list will be neverending.

wright1212
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 9:18 AM

http://www.lessonpathways.com/ is free but I am not sure what grade it ends at. I have been using youtube for so many wonderful lessons. I use it for spanish, exploring the brain, learning about our community (1st grade). For 5th grade history filler I would simply ask something he would like to learn about and dive in. Search your library for a story from that period or location, youtube videos. For the books find easy to read for him books and do a really awesome book report like put on a play, make a movie, or even book in a book (artifacts related to story). Math is pretty easy to just write out appropriate problems to try. Have not check superteacherworksheets.com yet. Also dont know how advanced homeschoolshare.com are. Maybe take advantage of still warm weather and just do tons of field trips now?

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

sugahmamma
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Lessonpathways.com

starfall.com (more.starfall.com is  only $35 for the year)

Teachertube.com

Education.com

Funschool.com

Teacher.net

noraa21
by Member on Aug. 30, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Thank you, I will check those out, I just found out that child support gave me an extra payment this month, so I will be ordering the math tomorrow and have to wait a little longer to get our Learning adventures unit studies curriculum.  Oh well since this is our first year I guess we will just ease into it! 

sunshine80
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 7:21 PM
Head of the Class is a good one too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyto2gr8ones
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 9:11 PM

That was the one I was going to suggest.  It's free and a full curriculum.  They only go to 5th grade but it's still a great site.

Quoting sunshine80:

Head of the Class is a good one too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)