Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Just starting

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 4:21 PM
  • 7 Replies

Just recived my son's books. Now I need to work on a game plan. How much time dose every one spend on each subject? Do you all keep the same line-up, like the schools do, exp; english, spelling, math, sicence, socialstidies, and so on. The same line-up day after day.  I was thinking of doing the same line-up only for one week and then the next week changing the line-up.

by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
oredeb
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 4:29 PM

hi penmom!!! yea you got the books!! exciting!

its depends on how old my child is as far as how long on each subject, and how the child learns for me

prek- 1st- about 15 min- to 1/2 hour on stuff

2nd- 4th  kids- math, lang.,history, science, bible about half hour

handwriting- 15 min, reading 15 min. ,

5th-highschool- 45min. to an hour on stuff

this is just my timing

i mostly keep the same lineup, especially math 1st and lang. arts 2nd(they are more clear headed in the mornings and pick the learning up better)

thats a great idea changing by the week!!! you can do anything you want to!!! you homeschool!!! yea!!!

some people do science and history every other day

carolkey74
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:25 AM

I love getting books!!

Here are our schedules:

5th grader - Monday & Wednesday - Math, english, spelling, reading, history.  Tuesday & Thursday - math, english, spelling, reading, science.  We spend about 45 minutes on each subject.  Fridays are used for review, extra projects, etc.

9th grader - Monday & Wednesday - Algebra 1, literature, world geography, physical science, health, home ec.  Tuesday & Thursday - Algebra 1, grammar, literature, physical science, keyboarding, home ec.  She has private art lessons on Friday, and she uses the rest of the day to catch up on anything she didn't finish during the week.  We do 50 minute classes with her.  Hope this helps!

Penmom4
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Thanks for the line up carolkey74.

cedailey
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 10:23 PM

We do no more than 15 minutes per subject.

2nd grade: Daily- Math, handwriting, spelling, memory work, pe, home ec (life skills), fine arts (rotate music, art)

M & W- History, geography, science

T&R- Literature, nature study, reading

1st grade is almost the same, just with history and literature switched

And everyone is in a 2 hour german immersion program on Saturdays, even the 3 year old.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:08 AM
We do most subjects for 15-20 minutes, math, history, and art take more time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Penmom4
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Cody is starting 5th grade. Thank you all for your help. I will be starting with a 45 min. time and see what happens.

oredeb
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 10:27 AM

hows it going penmom??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)