Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

116 Days...

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 10:21 PM
  • 9 Replies

Until CHRISTMAS!  Anybody else thinking about what they are buying there kids?  Any suggestions for a 4 year old (my son will be 4 2 weeks after Christmas).  Just thought it would be fun to share thoughts and ideas.

Loving wife ...Proud Homeschooling Mama ...TTC#2 ...BLOGGING it all on the way...Follow me at Throwing Marshmallows

by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mynameismuerte
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 11:17 PM
I bought a bunch of toys in July at Target when they marked them to 75% off. My kids were with me since DH was out of town so those are things for our 2 Oct bdays and Christmas from us. We'll just need to get them something from Santa. Our oldest who is almost 6 is going to be getting a lot of legos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2011 at 11:41 PM
25 days until Q's first birthday, I'm still at a loss for what to get him then, let alone Christmas for him and my 10 yo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom71307
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 7:08 AM

We are getting the kids a train table this year... I hope (from craigslist)!

wright1212
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 8:48 AM

OK I honestly wish I could get paid to buy toys for others kids... I LOVE IT.

• 4yo -totally LEAPFROG anything. the writing pad was a fav here
  • 1yo- love riding toys to get energy out, but a good ol Melissa Dough puzzle doesnt hurt either

My kids...hmmm. 6yo request a pillow pet, probably a new expolorer game and a dvd player; my 9yo he is tricky.. maybe an ipod or some music player-used; my 2yo if he gets play dishes for  the play kitchen for his bday next week then i MIGHT get him play food to go with it, also some more things to keep him busy like talking books, finger paint ect. I am so 'functional' in gifts, they have to have multiple uses, learning, and a true purpose. Personally I dont look forward to christmas due to family drama, we live an hour away the only ones to have 3 kids yet all expect us to drive up there and see 6 families in 1 day.or even 2 days..insane.

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

SouthernMama08
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Silverkitty- my son loved the Airpopper when he was that age.  Plays music, and the balls pop up the top and then slides down the track.  He played with his until just a few months ago (and he's 3.5 years).

Wright1212- I love the idea of Leapfrog, but my son doesn't.  He's never been into anything Leapfrog.  Give him an iPod/iPhone and he's happy, give him something from Leapfrog and well, he just doesn't play with it.    *sigh* Plus he got a Tag Jr for his 2nd Christmas, played with it 4 months.  He got a Fisher-Price iXL last Christmas, that lasted about 5 months.  We don't have a good track record with kid-geared devices....so this year, we are "Just saying no" to electrics. 

We are gonna be getting him an art easel....he LOVES art and crafts.  I also picked up a cool castle that we are gonna buy some knights and dragons to go with it.

Yuriko_chan
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:21 AM

I am saving up for our daughter's big gift!

Maridel
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 10:27 PM

YES! I'm going to get my girls the new Leappad, they absolutely love to play games on my phone and are really good with touch screen so I'm going to get them each one. I'm really excited about it, I hope I can find a really good sale on it on Black Friday (i've never shopped black friday cause i've never gotten an expensive thing like that). My kids each get one big gift and 2 small gifts so I'll probably go to Ikea and get their small gifts, I love their toys!!!

fygfitness_mom
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 2:26 AM

Yep! I love the holiday season. I recently joined the Cafemom Christmas Cafe.....I'm hoping it will be a great place to chat about the season. We are doing things a bit differently this year. I actually just spoke with my mother about it this evening as having grandma and papa on board with this is essential because they overbuy and overspend. We plan on having a one present Christmas this year. Everyone will only receive one present from each member of the family or couple (mom & dad, grandma & papa). We will do our Santa shopping but keep that modest as well.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:01 AM
Oh my gosh, do jot male me think of Christmas yet! This year is going by too fast!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)