Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How involved in your homeschool is your husband?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 1:49 PM
  • 15 Replies

Does he do half the work or a particular subject? Is he completely hands off? Do you want him to do more or less?

by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 31, 2011 at 2:31 PM

I would love for him to do more! We unschool so the kids tell us what they want to know & he is great about helping them when they ask but I wish he would offer to help them learn things that he is good at that maybe they haven't thought of themselves.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2011 at 3:19 PM
Hubby helps with her wood working she wants to do. He will help with science experiments from time to time on the weekends. He works from 6am to 5pm all week, so he is pretty much hands off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshine80
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 3:39 PM
I'm very grateful. John is very hands on. He helps every step of the way. In the evening he spends time with each child to review their work.

~ marisa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolkey74
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 3:58 PM

My hubby is very supportive, but not very hands on.  I told him last week that I would love for him to sit down with me when I do our weekly lesson plans.  It would really help me to have someone to bounce ideas off of.  As soon as I said "lesson plans", his eyes glazed over lol!  He is great when it comes to science projects or PE, but planning is not his fave.

FlyHippie
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 4:46 PM

COMPLETELY hands off... it'd be nice if he even had a CLUE what we did....sigh...

twinstartermom
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Completely hands off and I would like him to be more involved.

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Hands off.. Id love for him to be more involved..

Mom71307
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 5:36 PM

My husband wants us to rearrange our schedule so he can "teach" math, science, and some social studies!  I LOVE how invested he is!

Knightquester
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 5:39 PM

My husband supports and even loves that I homeschool.  If for whatever reason I don't know something, such as I'm misunderstanding a particular question in one of the children's textbooks he's been there to help us understand.  Although he's supportive and will help when he can he also works long hours and commutes a long way to/from work, so I rarely expect and even ask for his help.

cedailey
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Well he's the ex now, but the involvement hasn't changed any.  Not only does he not help, he isn't interested in the planning or the execution, and barely tolerates listening to the kids talk about  what they've done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN