Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How involved in your homeschool is your husband?

Posted by   + Show Post

Does he do half the work or a particular subject? Is he completely hands off? Do you want him to do more or less?

by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Replies (11-15):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 1, 2011 at 1:04 AM

I'd go as far as to say, not only is he totally hands off, he is the bane of my homeschooling existance.

If he's off work for the day, he thinks it's playtime with the kids. That would be great if they would be willing to work on Saturday to spend Monday "Off" when Daddy is home. They can't have it both ways!

However, if something comes up that I need to be gone on a school day, and he is home, he will do ONLY things that I specify. He wouldn't take the initiative to make them do it if I didn't demand it.

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

fygfitness_mom
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 2:06 AM

He is as involved as he can be. He will often help the girls with their "homework" and go so far as to do an entire unit with them in science or math if I need him to or he has the time. Though I am their primary teacher he supports us in every way he can and I don't often make big school decision with him. We like to think we are a team and that we are the strength to the other's weaknesses. He is currently back in school to earn his degree in education, he wants to teach math. Math is the subject I like least so it works out for us. We both enjoy science so we trade off on that one.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:03 AM
So far, he does literature by reading the book at night to the girls and tries to get her to narrate a little, but nothing formal. Ummm, he works so I can homeschool? That's about it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommiemomma
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:45 AM
He is very supportive, but very hands off. He works alot at a very stressful job so I don't ask for much homeschool help. I generally save my help for grocery shopping alone and Mother's night's out. He loves us so much and gives his all to support me like I need, so that is more important than helping with school too me.
2turtles
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 10:20 AM

he works about 3 hours away, so he stays there during the week.  Hopefully soon we'll be able to move the rest of us over there as well. So, as far as schooling goes, he's supportive of the idea and listens while I talk his ear off about it, but he isn't really able to do much more.  Maybe when we're all back together again and he's not working so much he can teach a life skill.  I know the kids would LOVE it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN