Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My "created from scratch" planner :)

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 5:02 PM
  • 12 Replies

I love my planner!  I made it a few weeks ago, and it has taken me forever to finally get the pictures up.  I have been trying to blog more, so you can see the whole post about it, with more close-up pictures here:

http://journeythroughlove.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-homeschool-planner.html

Here is the general idea :)  It looks small, but it is a normal 8.5x11 size

(I laminated scrapbook paper for the cover)

Monthly calendar, with monthly notes

Monday through Wednesday on the left, Thurs/Fri with priorities, menu and weekend activities on the right.  

Share your planner!  I'm an organization junkie :)

by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 1, 2011 at 6:48 PM

looks like one you bought in the store!! make em and sell them!!

boobahs planners!!!

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:28 PM
I want your planner lol! So much better than mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 1, 2011 at 9:54 PM

hahaha boobah's planners!   That's too funny :)  Planners are a dime a dozen on the internet, I just never could find one that fit me.  Thanks girls, I'm glad you like it.  I enjoyed making it.  

sew4fun
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 12:28 AM

awesome I love it ! I need a journal/planner so bad !!!!! But do not want to pay the prices in the store for one that I will not use half of what is in it and I do not have the snazzy tools to make one

wright1212
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 7:55 AM

I cant find one I like either. I have looked for weeks now. I think that is so awesome you now have one to make totaly your own. Did you have it binded ect at a store? How much would you guestimate total cost was?

OK if anyone sees a planner that: a 2page spread monthly, 2 page spread weekly without times, subject, or lines, notes section seperate..and for cyring out loud who needs a freakin address book in every planner/calendar they use. For me I use my cell phone and I have 1 address book that I dont feel like duplicating nor think all friends and family want there info carried everywhere I go. WHEW sorry about that this planner thing has been eating away at me.

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

mom2queenie2004
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 9:46 AM

that is awsome!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 2, 2011 at 12:33 PM
I acually got a binder cheap at office depot.com if you go to my blog and click on past stories, I did a whole review of it. I love it. So paper, 2 laminating sheets, ink, and the cost of one spine, that is it!

The binder has already paid for itself. We make our own nature journals, reading logs, planners, notebooks, drawing pads, etc. And someone suggested I make custom note/drawing pads for my nieces and nephews for Christmas so I am all over that!

That sounds fairly simple, play around in word and use shapes and text boxes! I bet you could do it!

Quoting wright1212:

I cant find one I like either. I have looked for weeks now. I think that is so awesome you now have one to make totaly your own. Did you have it binded ect at a store? How much would you guestimate total cost was?

OK if anyone sees a planner that: a 2page spread monthly, 2 page spread weekly without times, subject, or lines, notes section seperate..and for cyring out loud who needs a freakin address book in every planner/calendar they use. For me I use my cell phone and I have 1 address book that I dont feel like duplicating nor think all friends and family want there info carried everywhere I go. WHEW sorry about that this planner thing has been eating away at me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 2, 2011 at 12:36 PM
Btw, I did use white card stock, so the print on the other side wouldnt show through. I tried on copy paper and you could see through. That would drive me bonkers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:26 PM

you rock

AbundanceMagnet
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM
Wow that's awesome!!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)