Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

to keep or not to keep? -worksheets & stuff-

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 8:06 AM
  • 7 Replies

So I personally dont like worksheets, nor are required to keep anything for HS policy. I do use Math worksheets some, we have a writing journal guide, and lots of things I create myself on paper. I am new so deciding some things as we go. Do we keep worksheets?

I dont see a purose (yet) for keeping math worksheet pages. I think I am going to keep the writing journal sheets in a binder to reflect on progress. I like the little things I create for her like the page on dragonflies same and different list. So maybe a science folder, and a history folder. I also log in my lesson plan book all we read, but just dont see a need yet to keep a book list (seperate). ALSO I have BIG projects. These will eventually pile up. Like the life size body we made on blank newsprint with organs, bones, ect. Then the proud family tree that will be up for months, the house with address and family members. Just wondering what you all do with big stuff, I know I cant keep it all-but just so darn proud of it right now. 

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
carolkey74
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 9:02 AM
I have an accordion folder for each child, And I have each of them divided into months. I file all of their work during the year, and then I go through it at the end of the year. I keep examples of their work, and then toss the rest. My son has Asperger's, so he is very visual. We use ALOT of graphic organizers! If I kept all of them, I would have enough to wallpaper a room lol! Now that my daughter is in high school, I'm a little more concerned about tossing her work.

I am soooo feeling your pain about big projects! My hubby says I have OCD (he's probably right), because I can't stand things lying around. I'm going to do a yearbook this year, and take pics of all of their big projects. I'm also going to document where we go, people we meet, etc. I think that will be a great way for them to remember their school years.
oredeb
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 10:22 AM

hahahah i dont keep worksheets unless its something special. then it goes in the scrapbook/binder thingy.

MommaTasha1003
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I like to hold onto things. If I dont, it always seem like I need it for some reason. lol.. So for now I am keeping everything in 1 binder by subject. It also is a quick way of seeing Something IS Getting Done!

Im sure at the end of the year I will throw most of it away & only keep the special stuff. Id like to keep a binder of a few things every year that she has done.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I keep a few and put them in a file.

bdflykisses
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 4:49 PM

I scan all of their paperwork onto my computer and only save them in online albums.  Also take pictures of the bigger projects and do the same thing with them.  Everything they have done is there for me and them to look back at.

I do that because my family lives far away and they love to see what the kids do and their progress.

Its kinda time consuming, but I don't like the papers lying around and after I scan them I toss them.  It's been working out pretty good and everything is organized and easy to find. =)

AbundanceMagnet
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 9:11 PM
I was keeping everything for a while....now I just hold onto the school year we are in and my favorite things. It just gets to be too much. It is hard to part with!!!
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:23 AM
I've been feeling kind of bad because we put out math worksheets into page protectors, use them, then take them out and put them in a binder to keep for dd2. So I don't have any worksheets to even save. I decided to occasionally take pictures of them and keep them in the Saxon math 1 file on my computer. Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)