Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Life of Fred

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 11:33 AM
  • 7 Replies

Does anyone use Life of Fred for math?  It looks really interesting, but I would love to get some feedback before I order it.  Thanks!!

Mom of Laura-my 13 going on 30 angel, and 10 year old Nathan, the happiest kid in the world who happens to have Asperger's.

by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
oredeb
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 11:55 AM

i've heard a lot of moms who have used it and love it! never heard anything bad about it.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 9:22 PM
I have never heard of it but will be interested to see what others say.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:23 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danielle163
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:51 AM

LOF just came out with a new line of books that are for the younger crowd. I've never used it personally. If you head over to secularhomeschool.com they were just discussing it within the last few days.

carolkey74
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 11:24 AM

I've ordered beginning algebra for Laura, and the first book in the elementary series for Nathan. I'm afraid that the first book may be too easy for Nathan, but the author recommends to start at the beginning if the student is unsure of multiplication tables.   I'll keep you posted!

stephmommyof4
by Member on Sep. 3, 2011 at 2:01 PM

I'm ordering it this year for my kids. When I was looking at the website my 7 yr. old son came and crawled in my lap and I read him some of the sample pages on the website. Now everyday he has been asking me to go to the Fred website so he can hear more about Fred and Kingie. 

randyxtracie
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 9:06 AM

I ordered Apples and Butterflies (the first 2 in the new elementary series).  I've read through most of Apples and plan to use it as a supplement to Math U See.  I won't use it as a standalone math curriculum but rather as a fun compliment to what we are doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)