Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone use the YMCA as a homeschool resource?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:28 AM
  • 6 Replies
My YMCA has a homeschool swim and gym on Wednesday's for 2 hours. I was excited about it, and got dd excited about it. Now I find out there is only one other person signed up and they will cancel it if it doesn't have more before it officially starts. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mjp2707
by Member on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:44 AM
I bet a lot of people don't know about it in the area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danielle163
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:47 AM

OMG,  you are so lucky to live near that.  I hope enough people do sign up so they don't cancel. ( We need to move--we are so lacking in resources here--LOL)

MommaTasha1003
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I know a homeschool group in our area did use the local ymca for Gym class..  But unsure if they still do.

But if you are interested, join, show your interest & if possible get the word out. They do not advertise HS stuff good enough.. Get on any homeschool website with a chat board & post about it! :)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2011 at 9:17 PM

There are classes around here that I could use but I don't actually. We have a different gym class.

Melyssa-R
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 9:26 PM

My daughter took that YMCA program when we lived near Seattle. That one was packed with about 50 kids divided up by grade levels. Hopefully word will get out and yours won't be cancelled. Try posting about it on all the local groups or emailing the group owners like on yahoo groups.

bugfree
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 12:13 AM

You should email any links you can to local home school groups.  Sometimes it only takes one family to fill up those classes.  :-)  Post links on the state home school message boards. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)