Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Back To School Plans?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 12:12 PM
  • 9 Replies

I know a lot of us school during the summer - I did a lighter work load, but Tuesday will be our official back-to-school day and start of First Grade for my older daughter!  My younger daughter is a pre-schooler!

I feel a little stressed but I'm actually pretty much ready!  Is everyone else?  Does anyone have special plans?

I have taken the fun school supplies that I just bought and wrapped them up for the girls.  They love new art supplies so I thought it would make a fun gift and be a special way to celebrate the day!  I also printed "back to school" coloring pages for them to color with their new markers and crayons.  Other than that, just regular curriculum.

Let me know your ideas for Back-To-School!

Thanks,
Michelle

by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM

We've been trying to get our back to school traction going but honestly, with the new baby, it's not happening. My hubby is on vacation now for 2 weeks so I'm hoping to get myself pulled together. I would love to do an 'offical' field trip to kick start the year. 8)

oredeb
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 8:10 PM

we have no special thing we do for the first day, and yes i'm all ready! we start the 19th. thats a great idea about the gift for the kids!!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 11:27 AM
We started today. No special plans just kind of winging it. We will be focusing more on reading and spelling this year though.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 5, 2011 at 1:13 PM
We just had a special breakfast, then took pics with a poster that said "Julia is a first grader".

We did our morning subjects then took our science stuff to the park, did it there, played, we also invited the grandparents to the park for lunch. I think it helps them accept this homeschool thing if they see it in action.

Came home for my youngest to have a nap, Julia did her reading, and we had a special dinner and dessert outside on the deck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 6, 2011 at 1:22 AM
We are supposed to start tomorrow...that's not happening. I found out a family friend is dying and drove to go see him, I left the kids home with DH with their "assignment+ to read for 1 hr and write a paragraph about what theyread and to clean their rooms.

Normally I would make a special breakfast and then do something fun in the afternoon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BusCaptainMama
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 1:52 AM
We're starting tomorrow - I let the kids pick what they want for dinner & they'll help prepare it, too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danielle163
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 10:14 AM

I bought so much stuff last year, I really didn't need many supplies--LOL-overstocking I guess. We really don't do anything special when we start. DD was ready to go back to school, atleast she said she was. I did buy her some fall shirts, a pair of jeans, and a bathing suit for next summer from Justice (good sale!) so she has a few things coming for "back to school" stuff!

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2011 at 10:22 AM

We were off and on during the summer, but for now it's mostly review. We are in the middle of a move and it's hard for me to pack and homeschool. So I've given her review work so I can focus on the move more. 

Brandysmom1107
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 2:34 PM
First day back and it was great! My daughter was so attentive tday and we had a lot if fun.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)