Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you help me please?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 11:44 PM
  • 6 Replies

I need a few things and I can not for the life of me find them ! I am looking for a Kindergarten assesment form or something that will tell me what all a kindergartener needs to know. I live in Texas if that helps you help me find it LOL ( I also need one for Pre-K) . I am also looking for something that I can use to display my posters and such without putting holes in my walls. I was thinking there is a stand that is available but I can not find one ! I have a limited amount of space and I do not want to put holes in the walls so I need ideas or information on something that can help me display learning posters . Thanks so much !

by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mynameismuerte
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 12:17 AM
There is a worldbook site which lists things children learn in each grade. I'm on mobile so I don't have access to it right now.

I would check your library for the book What Your Kindergartener Needs to Know. I got mine for $2 at a used book store. That is a great series and will give you a great starting off point.

I don't have any suggestions on the posters though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danielle163
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 7:38 AM

You can use Rebecca Rupp's book (Home Learning Year by Year) to give you a guide as to what kids should be learning when. Or What Your Kindergartener Needs to Know or you can head over to Calvert.com--they  give a scope & sequence by grade. PBS kids has one. The Well-Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer gives you one.

For hanging posters, sometimes I just use tape. For real heavy ones, I have the velcro stuff that you can cut into the size of pieces that you want. You can buy it at like Office Max or a school supply store. Hope this helps!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2011 at 9:59 AM

For the posters, you could possibly get a few of those trifold boards that kids use for Science projects. Or you could get a pack of the 3m hooks that stick to the wall and hang fishing line from them. Then you could use clothes pins to hang the posters like laundry. 8) 

AbundanceMagnet
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Quoting mynameismuerte:

There is a worldbook site which lists things children learn in each grade. I'm on mobile so I don't have access to it right now.

I would check your library for the book What Your Kindergartener Needs to Know. I got mine for $2 at a used book store. That is a great series and will give you a great starting off point.

I don't have any suggestions on the posters though.

I believe this is the site you are speaking of... and its awesome!!!

http://www.worldbook.com/typical-course-of-study.html

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 5, 2011 at 10:45 AM

i second the worldbook assessment page! and for hanging posters i use

dupe from staples or walmart. its a puddy like thing, it comes in yellow, or green. and can be reused. just put it on the back of posters and press it on wall. it comes right off wall when you want to take poster off!

sew4fun
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Thank you !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)