Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you separate mom from teacher?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 1:29 AM
  • 14 Replies

In your homeschool?  Do you know what I'm asking?

by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carolkey74
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 6:44 AM
Do you mean during school hours, I expect my kids to think of me as teacher instead of mom? I don't, but I suppose it depends on your own children. For me, I don't think it's possible. My kids are 10 and 13, and they know what I expect when it comes to school.
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2011 at 10:46 AM

No, never tried to

oredeb
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 10:46 AM

nope i dont separate! part of homeschooling for us is to learn together so that makes me still mom!

misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Someone in another group I'm in (not on Cafemom) wrote this long post about how her kids aren't allowed to call her "mom" during school, that they won't discuss anything school related when she is "mom". 

I don't know.  Seemed so weird to me, but then a few other posters were telling her they do the same thing or that it was a really great idea they might want to implement.

oredeb
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 3:36 PM

yea, each of us is different, some hsers i know do that also, thats ok,we are all different!

SuperFlyKy
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 5:02 PM

No, I am Mommy all the time. We don't have any issues, she knows what she needs to do and does it.

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2011 at 5:03 PM

I don't. Never even thought of trying to do that. I'm teacher and mom 24/7. 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 6, 2011 at 12:51 AM
I can't see making an issue of my title. That seems odd because we are always teaching our kid.
However, the kids do know that different rules apply in the house during school hours. Things like not discussing nonvschool issues like going to a friend's house or making weekend plans until after school work is done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fygfitness_mom
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 1:59 AM

We don't separate ourselves as parent and teacher because we think that as parents we are their teachers, all of the time.

Gumberly
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 4:29 PM
For me, I see it as being one and the same. Mom is the word for everything when they are small and that just never changes. I don't want my kids to ever feel like they can't discuss something school related with me because it's not "school hours."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)