Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you separate mom from teacher?

Posted by   + Show Post

In your homeschool?  Do you know what I'm asking?

by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 1:29 AM
Replies (11-14):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 6, 2011 at 8:20 PM
We do not, but I do remind her that I'm her teacher, and that she needs to do her work, we aren't just playing like we used to. Sometimes she likes to say "I do it this way". That is when inhale to remind her I'm teaching her a new way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kingkongsmom
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 4:03 PM

I am not so extreme as to be teacher only, I am still mom but during 'work' time when my son wants to 'play me'  (fuss, play around, trick me,...)I remind him we are teacher/student untill work is done. Just like when he is spiderman, a cowboy, a paleontologists,...........when he is pretending play he is whatever character and Im usually his sidekick with a name he chooses  untill played out or mom over-rules characters, and as teacher/mom mom wins out when I know he could use a snack, breaktime, a nap even just as well as he neednt wait to go pee for a set time,...... we might work on something shorter or longer as needed.....I'm mom first then teacher and we are human beings not robots on a unbreakable time line. I'm still a mom-nurse, a nurturer,...whatever the minute, hour, day needs to get things done.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2011 at 4:34 PM

nope

JulieBrown
by Member on Sep. 11, 2011 at 3:02 AM

Nope.  I am their teacher and mom.  I imagine if I taught them in a coop or something like that I might need to make a distinction, but thankfully I don't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)