Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Story of the Chosen People

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 10:42 AM
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone,

I've recently found this great 'old' book called The Story of the Chosen People and thought it would make a great book to do a unit study around.

The Story of the Chosen People was written in 1898 by H. A. Guerber and was written to provide elementary students the story of Israel in an easy to read, story format. Guerber writes,

Although this is a juvenile history of the Jews, it has not been written without much research; and, in order to make it a s brief, comprehensive, and accurate as possible, many authorities beside the Bible, Josephus, and the Bible dictionaries, have been consulted.

He further writes,

It is hoped that an inkling of the story of the Jews will stimulate the children's interest, will early imbue them with a taste for history, and will give them the desire to gain further and more complete information on the subject when they grow older.

This book can be purchased online, however you can also download and print your own copy easily.

Here's an online preview of the downloadable book

The book begins with the Creation and goes through the destruction of Jerusalem and the download is 249 pages in length. If you would like to download the book, go to Available Downloads (Under Homeschool Treasures of the Past - #14)

To create an entire unit study, I found several resources that would be good to use:

Extension Activity:
Study the history of Jewish immigration into the United States, or into your local area.

If you know of any resources that would add to a unit study centered around this book, please let me know!

by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
oredeb
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 10:48 AM

sounds neat! have fun!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Enjoy!!!! ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN