Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

To do 9/6

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 11:20 AM
  • 6 Replies

With the long weekend behind us, what do you have planned this week?  Anything fun?

by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Beyond schoolwork, I'd like to get the workboxes up and going.

I NEED to find a calendar that works for me. grrr

My uncle is coming in for the first visit back here since I was in 8th grade so I need to get the house cleaned up since I'm hosting a dinner.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 6, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Today is mine and DH's 9 year anniversary.  We "celebrated" on Sunday with dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse and a movie at home.  He has been working 6 days a week, so it was very nice to have him home for 4 days.  I'm sure he'll be back to working 5-6 days again from now on.  (His normal schedule is 4 - 10 hour days, and he has been working five to six 11-12 hour days).

We just finished our work for the day, except art, reading and literature.  Art and reading we will do while DD2 naps, literature is for daddy before bed.  

I already paid bills, cleaned up the kitchen, verified and placed an order for shirts so I can pick them up later, got disappointed by my realtor ;)

Other than that, I need to:

go to the bank

pick up a shirt order so I can embroider on them

cut out a fleece blanket

call and see what the farm's hours are

All I really want to do is take a nap.  :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 6, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Are you talking a calendar for the kids, or a planner type calendar?  Have you checked out www.homeschoolskedtrack.com?

Quoting mem82:

Beyond schoolwork, I'd like to get the workboxes up and going.

I NEED to find a calendar that works for me. grrr

My uncle is coming in for the first visit back here since I was in 8th grade so I need to get the house cleaned up since I'm hosting a dinner.

oredeb
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 12:26 PM

depends on what you call fun!!!hahahahha

to day is for cleaning up after the weekend,

baking bread,

picking vegetables

do a bit more canning,

babysitting a couple kids

making cookies for lunches

cleaning dhs garage, we call it the cavern

vaccuuming well housework!

paying bills online

washing clothes, hanging them

well some of that is fun!!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 6, 2011 at 2:21 PM
No fun here... I found out my biological father is dying. He has cancer and brain tumors and has gone downhill fast. We were supposed to start school today.

My hubby is going to take the kids to Portland for two weeks, leaving Sunday, so we will not start school until they get back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 6, 2011 at 8:18 PM
Oh my gosh I am so sorry

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

No fun here... I found out my biological father is dying. He has cancer and brain tumors and has gone downhill fast. We were supposed to start school today.

My hubby is going to take the kids to Portland for two weeks, leaving Sunday, so we will not start school until they get back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)