Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone by the fires that are going on in the United states??

Posted by   + Show Post

there sure are a lot of fires now! anyone live by them? if so how are you doing?

by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Replies (11-14):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2011 at 10:13 AM

I'm in Ohio but I'm praying for all those who are close to the burnings.

FlyHippie
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Quoting cedailey:

We live in Bastrop County TX where the biggest one is, we have been evacuated as have most of my friends and relatives.  I do still have a home to go home to, once the barricades go down, fire missed by 1 block.  It's bad, last update I saw was 600 homes completely gone, 34,000 acres destroyed, the main fire is over 25 miles x 20 miles in size.  For those of you that can't picture that, pretend that the state of Connecticut just ceased to exist. 0% contained, they say it may be another week.

OMG....yeah, we are thinking of you guys....glad you got out and you all are safe, AND that your home is safe. I have friends in bastrop...and their home is gone. BUT, they are safe... It's horrible.

This morning, the smell is SO STRONG HERE (and I'm an hour north of Dallas)

oredeb
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM

in oregon we have about 6 fires burning, the biggest ones are by us in portland area,(50 miles)but we are getting the smoke bad,  153,000 acres total so far,have burned, i cant imagine that! so much land burning, they still dont know how many building are burnt, and so far only 2 people died, they couldnt get away fast enough. the fires are caused by lightning, i heard the biggest one is almost contained! yea!

cedailey
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Overnight the Bastrop County Complex fire went from 0% contained to 30%, which is good.  Hoping the winds stay calm so they can get it under control.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)