Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our first day so far!

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 4:39 PM
  • 2 Replies

Today so far we took a notebook and walked to the beach and fed the seagulls, he wrote about what he saw on the way, then on the way back he saw a deer eating out of a tree standing on his hind legs to get to the leaves.  So he sat down and wrote about that and drew a picture of it, spent about 45 minutes doing that. We have done some math, spelling, grammar, and are now at the library where he is doing a small research project.

He is loving it and so I am, so far no arguments about doing the work. I am still waiting for our curricululm to arrive so we are just winging it for now, most of our stuff should be here by the end of this week I hope!   Mommy has even learned that you should always proof read your story problems before giving them to a 5th grader who is going to pick apart every misspelled word!  LOL.  

Gevie

by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 6, 2011 at 4:51 PM

sounds like my favorite homeschool day!

thats great you live by they beach!

as for the proof reading! that happens to me even when i proof read so i say whoever finds a mistake and can correct it  gets a prize!!!hahahahah

noraa21
by Member on Sep. 6, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Quoting oredeb:

sounds like my favorite homeschool day!

thats great you live by they beach!

as for the proof reading! that happens to me even when i proof read so i say whoever finds a mistake and can correct it  gets a prize!!!hahahahah

I like the idea about the prize, only thing with that is it would back fire on me, he would spend all his time trying to find my mistakes and not do any work!  Someone should have told me homeschooling could be so much fun, oh well we live and learn!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)