Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do you do with your old curriculum and books?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 10:44 AM
  • 13 Replies

Do you keep for the next kid? Sell it? Junk it?

by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM

keep them and sell what i dont need

BusCaptainMama
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 10:54 AM
Keep them if I need them, give to a friend if they need them, sell on Ebay or swap on paperbackswap.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM

All our curriculum is being passed down to our grandchildren that are now being educated at home.  My youngest at home is now 13 (almost 14) and our grandbabies are (25 of them) are ages 12 (almost) down to newborn (and 2 more that are on the way bringing the count to 27).

scrapin_mom
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Keep them for the next child.

swim-mom72
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 12:55 PM

If I do not need them for my younger son, then I LOVE to help other homeschoolers out. I have been a part of a couple of curriculum swaps that made me feel really good about being helpful. And I have loaned things to others. When I first strated homeschooling 2 other moms were very generous and loaned me mass amount of books to get me started, and so that idea really stuck with me.

The things I have sold were math and science stuff that would loose value if I held onto them.

SCmomof3girls
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 6:53 PM

We have 2 options. A church near us does a big homeschool convention during the summer, and part of it is a book baazzar where people can register and sell their old things (or give them away if they prefer) and the second is our homeschool group, they have a book swap at the end of the year. For now though, we will be saving them for the youngest, who is almost 4. 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 7, 2011 at 9:17 PM
I'm still not sure. Do I save it for 4 years until dd2 needs them, or sell and buy new because they will probably have something cooler out. Hmmm...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gumberly
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 12:50 PM
If it is something that has worked and I like then I save it to try with my twins. If it's something that I don't like then I sell it on eBay. If I knew other homeschoolers who needed it I would probably just give it away but as of right now I haven't meant any other local homeschoolers.
JoyfulMommyof2
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 9:41 PM

I sell them on homeschoolclassifieds.com.  It is an excellent site for buying and selling books.

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

Maridel
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I keep them for my next daughter, unless its outdated then it goes to Goodwill

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)