Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone else homeschooling twins? PIOG

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:37 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have 4 year old I.D. twins, and I have been homeschooling them for a while now, but this will be the first year I am making things fairly structured. The problem is that my girls hardly stop fighting long enough to breathe. They're angels when they're apart, but they feed off each other when they're together... It isn't very logical for me to work with them separately at this time because I also have a 15 month old son who is very busy, and I'm taking classes myself. Anyone else in the same boat? Any tips or advice to get them to stop fighting so much? TIA!

by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
oredeb
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:45 AM

when the kids i teach start fighting bickeering etc i have them pay up! it cost money to bicker and fight here! right in the pocket book!hahaha they hate that! and if that doesnt work its a talk with dad!! hahaha

well your twins are young so that probably wouldnt work!, what about making them go pull weeds for a while or do something they dont like? do they share a room together? do you know why they are always fighting?

xrussianbabe02
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:52 AM

I've tried a few different creative dicipline ideas, but most of them (as you mentioned) seem to be for children a little older. I hear it's just a twin thing... some twins are best friends, and some hate each other. Mine have been fighting since they were 7 months old! I think it's mainly because they're identical; being the exact same age and same gender lends itself to a lot of arguements because they share almost all of their interests. They LOVE their little brother, but there is also almost a 3 year age gap between him and my girls.

xrussianbabe02
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)