Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Back 2 School-- I think we got the hang of it!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 10:28 PM
  • 9 Replies

Its been two weeks since my last post!...eeekkk-- School for my children started on August 15 and at first was crazy and I was not ready for the constant go go go from 5:30am-8:30pm... but hey once you get in the Routine it aint so bad!!
     Most children have already went back to school, got thier supplies to their teachers, know where their seat is and are are settled in for another school year! This school year is a very different one for me because we are now also Homeschooling our daughter for Pre-K so we also have been doing that and thats where all my "blogging" time has went... good cause ... but miss my blog... lol... So not only did we have school supplies to buy for my son we also had homeschool supplies to buy for the home! I never realieze how much stuff teachers need/ use... and Im just doing homeschool. I was an only child and so school supplies were just the list and then whatever else i thought I needed for school. Now with having two children, I realieze how much stuff is actually bought and needed for school time to start..... So here is our loot for the school year:

And My Little Man's First Day of Second Grade!

My daughter is Homeschooled for Pre-K & thats because of where we live its such a small town, there is only 1 Elementary School - and the Preschool that they have here is 1 class of 18 and to be placed you have to be tested-- I wasnt having my 4 year old tested.. I really didnt understand the whole testing.. it should have been more of first 18 to sign up... the kids are 4 they barely understand the meaning of School! -- so my Husband and I decided it was best to HomeSchool Her. We treat it just like real school! she has a book bag, folders, paper, her own pencil box with her crayons, color pencils, glue, scissors, etc. Things are going real well with that! Shes going to be ready for Kindergarten :) We also bought her some new clothes! -- Which she absolutely loved!! :)  

Hope everyone has had a great 1st day, 1st week, or 2nd week! -- Mom's is there anything that worries you or that your not ready to deal with this year???--REPLY BELOW--       Everyone,  Enjoy your weekend coming up!

xoxox Southernlife xoxox

by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
oredeb
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 10:30 AM

glad your schooling is going good, we havent started back yet!

wow thats a lot of school supplies!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Sounds like you are off to a good start!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 8, 2011 at 2:47 PM

look at those cuties!  

This is our 8th official day of homeschooling.  And honestly, I don't think I'm worried about too much.  Besides this darn religion curriculum I think we're doing okay.  

SouthernLife
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Thanks ya'll! We have been doing well! My daughter is doing wonderful at writting! This next week coming up we are going to work on her reconizing the letters and numbers! She seems to be catching on quickly! What type of curriculum are you using? -- It definately was a lot of school supplies but with tax free week that we offer and school supplies are already discounted so much, we grab a little extra to keep in the house for the emergencies---"mom, i cant find my crayons" etc :)

ladyluke2007
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 9:00 AM

We started back last week.  It has bee an up hill battle here, but this week went smoother.

SouthernLife
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 2:33 PM

lady luke -- glad to hear your week is going smoother!! whooo hoo its over!! :) good luck next week!! is there any one thing thats harder than you thought it would be?

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!

poohbear1183
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 11:10 PM

I tried starting up a a month ago, but with kiddos having lactose problems, allerhies, pinworms, earinfections and the hot hot hot weather we haven't been all too conssitent. I enrolled my daughter in preschool. It si more play than anythign else and I thoguht she shuld be around other kids her age. There is only 3 other kids in her class adn they do lots of crafts, painting and drawing which I am not that great at. I start school soon. My hope is to do some school with her on tuesdays, fri and saturdays. I have class mon and wed.

The one thign I am finding hard to find time for is TIME bcause my 16 month old doesn't liek to nap much anymore and it has been so hot lately.

I am hoping to do more hands on activities, posters, and hands on experiements because I think the constant workboosk seem to not interst her as much as they used to. Any ideas? She is a 3 year old that is doing Kidnergarten math, almsot ready to start readin short words and loves to draw and paint and sing and dance. : )

AbundanceMagnet
by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 8:09 PM

We are about to start our second week... so far so good!!! :) 

SouthernLife
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:32 AM

poohbear1183- Sorry it has taken me so long to respond...  I completely understand that she gets tired of the constant workbook! I think thats all chirldren :) One book I like is Alphabet Fun - For Little Ones - Over 500 Alphabet Activites for Preschoolers! this book goes through the entire alphabet and gives you 5 pages with each letter of things you can do for that particular letter!  The activites also work with your child on Language Science, small & large muscle activities( to help your child be active), Art, & Cooking activites with reciepies for that letter as well like Apple Sauce Muffins for the letter A to Jelly Bean Cake for the letter J :) Im sure you can find the book online or at your local book store! I got mine at BAM (Books-A-Million) ... let me know how you like it and just keep pushing forward, thats all any of us moms can do!  Hope everyone is feeling better & having a great week!

Abundance Magnet--Glad to hear ya'll had a great first week! Hope the second is just as wonderful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)