Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you give rewards to your kids?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 10:55 AM
  • 18 Replies

do you give rewards for finishing work, getting a project done, etc??

what do you give rewards for?? and what kind of rewards do you give if you do?

by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2011 at 10:58 AM

No, not something I ever did with any of them.  School work is just something they are required to do.  We all have things that we are required to do.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 9, 2011 at 11:26 AM
Right now chelsey gets an m&m when she pees on the potty. Lol when I taught Julia she was sticker motivated. Chels could care less about stickers.

I mostly give praise as a reward, but occasionally I have something for them in their "surprise box" if they are working well and doing a good job. Normally something like going to the park, playing outside, a special dessert, a toy or book they haven't seen in a while, or movie. Something to break up the day a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bugayfamilyof4
by Member on Sep. 9, 2011 at 11:31 AM

If the girls do their work with a good attitude then we meet friends on Fridays to play.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Not really. Sometimes, if I really need Cole to be extra good,
I will.

auroramoon69
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM

I use reward stickers....that's about it.

FlyHippie
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM

No. Your reward is how well you did for working hard.

I reward honesty and being a good kid. If you're a schmo, you don't get to do much. If you're honest and trustworthy and good? You get to do A LOT MORE...

Maridel
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Yes, when we did Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons she would get a candy when we were done if she came to the table with a good attitude and did her best, if she didnt we would just stop and try again another time or the next day. Now for Kindergarten at the end of the week if it was a good week for reading for her we will go to the bookstore and buy a new book (the early readers with levels are only 3.99 plus I get 10% off so its not like we are spending a lot).

oredeb
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 12:45 PM

great ideas everyone!!!!

Mom71307
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Not really... there are some random times I will give something special for initiating and keeping on track or something else really big. For normal, daily things... no, I just expect them to do what they need to do.  We all have things that have to be done and a paycheck for working away from home is sort of reward but I certianly don't get paid for changing diapers and wiping noses, etc all day!  We will do a random reward sometimes but there is nothing that is expected.

SuperFlyKy
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 3:32 PM

My daughter gets a reward for every 20 books we read together. She picked the lake for her reward that she will get tomorrow, as long as it is good weather. Whenever she finishes her homework she gets a stamp or a sticker on each page she does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)