Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids are still fairly young, so I haven't gone too much into it.  But with all of the attention towards it, I need to address it.  We do not even have television and they have already picked up so much about it,  I can't imagine what it would be like if they saw all the coverage on tv..   We are going to a remembrance walk tomorrow, so I think we'll discus it a bit, but not too sure how much detail to go in.  Abcnews.com is showing the entire news day from that morning. I think someday when the kids are old enough, i'll have them watch that. They will get a feel of how the dayunfolded, but it was so early that it doesn't go into too much gruesome details.

by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 10:52 PM
Replies (11-13):
muhajjirah
by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Quoting FlyHippie:

Quoting muhajjirah:

as a Muslimah I hope you wont be teaching your kids that Islam is the cause or the root of 9/11s happenings. if you mention religion please teach them what Islam teaches versus what being a Muslim means. know the differences between the terms and understand the differences between personal, religious &cultural differences. if you need any suggestions on how, pl feel free to pm me or come discuss over at MuslimMoms. we welcome everyone there& stick to the authentic sources of our faith, Holy Quran &Sunnah...

peace.
muhajjirah, MuslimMoms admin.

Wait. But I think I need clarification on one thing...I thought the religion was islam, and a person who practiced it was a Muslim? Are they different? (you piqued my interest on that one sentence! LOL!)

Im so sorry to be confusing! I typed this first response up on a whim in speed mode as I was running out the door earlier...

You are correct! Islam is the name of the religion, and a person who practices it is a Muslim. 

Islam is a religion, a way of life..and holds only 2 Authentic sources; the Holy Quran, and the Sunnah which is the life teachings of Prophet Muhammad (which dont differ much from previous Prophets or our beloved Jesus- peace be upon him who was around in Jerusalem only 600 years before).

I suggest to anyone/everyone wanting to know about Islam to ALWAYS question the source of information..even my own that I offer :) lol. Because the reality is, not every Muslim is the practicing and those who practice arent perfect either. So to know the life of Prophet Muhammad (the Sunnah) is to see the ideal Muslim in action.

Prophet Muhammad taught "There is no extremism in religion." Interestingly enough, we all know that there are people who are ignorant on the teachings of Islam who either overlook this authentic saying or dont read enough the correct teachings of Islam to understand. 

The first word revealed in the Holy Quran was 'Iqra' which means READ :)

Id be happy to provide references to anything Ive offered here or help anyone out with strong resources for an homeschooling research project.

Peace..OH and thank you again Flyhippie for your kindness.

muhajjirah
by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Quoting Esam:

as a Muslimah I hope you wont be teaching your kids that Islam is the cause or the root of 9/11s happenings. if you mention religion please teach them what Islam teaches versus what being a Muslim means. know the differences between the terms and understand the differences between personal, religious &cultural differences. if you need any suggestions on how, pl feel free to pm me or come discuss over at MuslimMoms. we welcome everyone there& stick to the authentic sources of our faith, Holy Quran &Sunnah...

peace.
muhajjirah, MuslimMoms admin.

Mashallah sister I too am Muslim and hope and pray that everyone can gain an understanding of our Religion.  We Promote Peace.....There are extreme's in every Religion but the media has blown up this day.  I'm so sorry and pray always for the families who lost loved ones but there were people lost from other Religion's on that day not just 1 Religion, we lost Muslim sisters and brothers as well.  May God rest their soul's in peace.  Thanks for all you do

Asalaamalaiakum dear sister, Ameen to your duaa (supplication). I couldnt agree with you more :) Please come on over to MuslimMoms..havent seen you there? FlyHippie and all else are also more than welcome!!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 7:33 PM

My kids have been gone to their dads this weekend so we really haven't discussed it but they have watched documentaries, etc on it before....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)