Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Warning... "Mommycation" .. lol (PIOG)

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 10:34 PM
  • 17 Replies

So, after 4 years homeschooling my kids and being their scout leader, I'm getting a "Mommycation" as DH called it!

I've had the kids with me, at least one kid- but usually all three  with me almost 24/7 for four years. There have been a couple "date nights" and one 3 day trip to Vegas with DH and I alone but that's IT.

So DH decided since he works so much and rarely sees the kids- he is taking them to Oregon for 2 1/2 weeks -all by himself! For Daddy bonding time! I think it will be a real eye opener for him to see what I deal with all the time.

They are homeschooled but we use a Charter school so I sent 1 hour a day of school work for each of the kids. They will spend the first 4 days or so camping, then visit with family for 10 days, then spend another 4 days coming home.

Myself on the other hand... I'm spending a few days with my parents, hanging out with my girlfriends, having a Girls party on Friday night (margaritas, mexican food, poker, chick flicks, locking everyone's keys in the safe till morning! LOL ), taking time to get in extra workouts at the gym and the karate dojo, reading a few good books (LOVE $2 books at the thrift store!)  etc!

Noce they get back- the kids are going to my parent's house for 5 days and DH and I and some friendsre heading ot Vegas! YEAH BABY!

Just has to share :) So I'f Im' here too much bugging... you know I've gotten bored!

PS- if you have any good ideas of how to spends ome free time... I'll take it.... I spent today out running errands with my dog...grocery store (she waited in the car in the shade), Petsmart, home depot and the park. LOL

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 12, 2011 at 7:50 AM
Omgosh, how nice :) enjoy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom71307
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Wow, so jealous! I've been full-time with my 2 for the last 4 yrs too... the infrequent reprieve but not much. I am pregnant now too so its not like there is end in sight!

wright1212
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 9:13 AM

This may not sound fun,but I have so many little projects I would just love to get done around the house. I would love to get my sewing machine working and attach my basket of full of 'too sew' items. I would love to paint my school room, remove tile from a yucky old room we have, makeover my closet, file pics aways, and what is in those boxes in my basement from where we moved last year, i set them there, but just dont know... mine are too little now, but momcation is going on my future wish list.

2turtles
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 10:29 AM

oh, I cannot even begin to say how jealous I am . :)   I hope it's a trip of a lifetime for the kids. I know my kids would love to be with Daddy for 2 weeks.   I did go away for the weekend two years ago and I missed the kids so much. I probably would end up worrying so much that I wouldn't even enjoy the free time! 

AbundanceMagnet
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 10:32 AM
That is wonderful!!!!!!!! Go hubby!!
oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 12, 2011 at 11:06 AM

thats great jinx!!! where at in oregon are they going?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 12, 2011 at 2:57 PM
I got a text from DH today..they are at Crater lake, fishing sucked yesterday. He sent a pic with it. They had their big winter coats on so it must be chilly... LOL...

He didn't give me an itinerary so no clue. He said, "Camping for a few days" but I know they will end up near Portland and stay with my in-laws for 10 days before coming home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 12, 2011 at 2:59 PM
I'm definitely thinking of doing some sewing. I started a quilt years ago that got sidelined. I also want to steam clean the carpets in the living room/ dining room and school rooms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Wow! How fun!

ElectraSpy
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 3:27 PM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)