Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

First day success!

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 1:47 PM
  • 1 Replies

I waited until today to start school with my daughter (and son) who is 4 (son is almost 2) and we have had a great school day!

Started with calendar routine things which they love. Then told my daughter she was going to get to be an author/illustrator to write her very own book! She was very excited and came up with a story immediately! I asked which she wanted to do first and she said she wanted to be an illustrator first so I got her special paper and special artist's supplies and got her all set. I reminded her that her pictures needed to match the words that she wanted to write and she went to town developing the story with the pictures as she went. We will write some tomorrow I think. My son sat and colored almost the whole time too and I couldn't convince them it was time to stop for sncak until they'd been at for an hour!

After a snack and music break (dd played guitar, sang and danced, ds sang and danced), we had science time (her request) and briefly introduced the concept that the earht has multiple levels (crust, mantle, core). We will do more fun things with that with daddy on weekends for a few weeks.

Then, after another short break, we started our flat stella (stanley) stuff... I am having her color a female version of the doll which I will help her cut out and we will send to my mom in CA first (We are in MI). She and I will also come up with a list of questions... things of interest to HER to send along with Stella! I have to have Stella to CA by Oct 7th so my mom can take her to LA with her and do some cool city stuff!

Then lunch, a bit of play time, now nap/rest time/independent play.

MAYBE math after but I will leave it up to her if she wants to work on some number things or not.  I have not had one argument except about not wanting to stop her illustrating. I have also gotten 4 loads of laundry washed and dried and 3 folded and cloth diapers are in their routine now! I feel SO accomplished and energized from such a successful morning! I might have to start earlier in the day to get it all in since they want to hang out on projects for so long!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickersBreastfeeding tickers" />
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
oredeb
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 2:30 PM

yea!!! its so exciting to watch em learn and want to learn!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN