Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How's School going???

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 2:35 PM
  • 27 Replies

hows school going??

things to try

things not to try

whats working and whats not?

by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom71307
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 3:37 PM

So far so good but today was our first day!

bdflykisses
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 5:56 PM

So far so good..  but I gotta give up my comp time to give them some. lol.  That's not always easy. =p

SilentDraconia
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 6:14 PM
Lol school is ok. Today we did community Helpers. We went to the animal shelter to help a local rescue. We went to pull one cat and ended up rescuing a total of 5!!! The local rescue took the cat I was pulling siblings. And I ended up fostering 2 more. My boys were so excited to get in there and help they spent their own allowance on kitty vaccs!! I was so proud. One of the other moms chatted me up about HS and was thinking about doing it for her oldest as well! It wa a good learning day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Right now it's a whole lot of review. We are in the middle of a move. We probably won't get on track for another month. 

carolkey74
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Busy, but good! We are meeting with our little hs group of 5 families today, and we have to do the grocery shopping. I guess we'll split school time into morning and afternoon sessions.
Miracle_pg
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 10:09 AM
It's going very well! He hates writing his letters- that's a struggle for sure! Overall he's loving it though. First year so I didn't know what to expect? I'm loving the time I get to spend with him!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Well, yesterday was our first day of homeschool gym and that was fun. We're still trying to get into the swing of school around the new baby. *sigh*

2kidsonly2arms
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Doing much better this week. Getting on track. Today for our elective we did ASL (American Sign Language). They kids are really just 'eating it up' as they say. We are really having a good time learing to sign. My grandmother was deaf, so I do know some. But I haven't used it since I was young.

We are also doing 3 other electives. Gym, Art and Life Skills. In life skills last week I taught them to iron. Don't worry, I didn't plug it in! : )

oredeb
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:32 AM

wow you got 2 more cats!! neat! so when you foster you dont get to keep them? you have to give them back?? sounds like you had a fun time.

Quoting SilentDraconia:

Lol school is ok. Today we did community Helpers. We went to the animal shelter to help a local rescue. We went to pull one cat and ended up rescuing a total of 5!!! The local rescue took the cat I was pulling siblings. And I ended up fostering 2 more. My boys were so excited to get in there and help they spent their own allowance on kitty vaccs!! I was so proud. One of the other moms chatted me up about HS and was thinking about doing it for her oldest as well! It wa a good learning day!

oredeb
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:34 AM

my kids loved sign lang also, i taught it to them as i taught them how to read, its that extra hands on they liked! they used it all the time growing up, and between themselves to talk when the spoken word wasnt a good idea!

Quoting 2kidsonly2arms:

Doing much better this week. Getting on track. Today for our elective we did ASL (American Sign Language). They kids are really just 'eating it up' as they say. We are really having a good time learing to sign. My grandmother was deaf, so I do know some. But I haven't used it since I was young.

We are also doing 3 other electives. Gym, Art and Life Skills. In life skills last week I taught them to iron. Don't worry, I didn't plug it in! : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)