Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Something I have been thinking about...

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 9:42 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have been trying to cut back on my "extras" so as to have more time with my kids just being with them.  I run an online retail business, and do custom embroidery and sewing.  So I keep *trying* to slow down, so I can focus on my family.  Unfortunately, that seems to be impossible.  I keep getting volunteered for more and more projects, and they aren't the kind I am able to say no to.  Long story.

Anyhow, the thought occured to me that *one day* I'll have more time for my kids... and they won't be here anymore.  :'( 

I think mommy needs to put her foot down, don't you?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
wright1212
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 11:02 PM

YES. OK many moons ago I sold beauty products. Even though I quite after 3 years I learned a lifetime of business lessons. Here are a few that come to mind here.

• What business do you know that is open 24/7 with only 1 employee? none!
  • When you call your dentist to see him, when is your appt? 3mos if your lucky
  • If you call for hair appts, do you pick time, or do they give you 2 or 3 choices?
  • When do you ever get exactly what you want AND when you want it? NEVER
  • Finally, your previous thought, whats more important your kids, or your customers?

I am not sure what you meant by volunteered, that these are free jobs, or other people refer and that are good pay for good reasons ect. If they are work for free, just say no. If they are paying jobs when you get a call say I will check my calendar and get back to you before tomorrow evening. Then work out a strict schedule like say 2 hours of work a day, time the job and figure when you could. Call say 'im booked this week but can start on it next tues should have it done by friday' (then give a choice) would you like to confirm on the phone now or via email contract? (or something to confirm) do not ASK if that is ok. Hope this makes sense.

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM

yes boobah!!! one day they will be grown up! can you just do your work on certain days and the rest be with the kids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)